Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel AX200 160MHz on custom pc have massive ping spikes in Valorant

Mudkip
Beginner

Recently in Valorant, my game has been getting a lot of ping spikes and momentary disconnects (couple seconds).

I've done a speedtest by Ookla and on my phone, i'm getting 50Mbps Download where as on my pc it's around 8Mbps.

I reinstalled the drivers but not sure what else to try. Nothing has been changed on the modem end and the issue has only started a few days ago.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

You don't mention the type of wireless network you are connecting to, or anything about the OS and patch level. Would you please run the Intel System Support Utility and post the results. That will give detailed insight into your hardware and network. The link for the SSU is https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/91600/Intel-System-Support-Utility.

0 Kudos
Mudkip
Beginner

Thank you for the reply. 

I am connected to a WiFi 5 (802.11ac) 5GHz network, channel 52, running the most recent update of Windows 10 (20H2 build 19042.746)

I have attached the SSU txt file. 

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

What type of wireless router do you have? How far is the router from the PC with the AX200 adapter? Have you tried connecting via the 2.4 GHz band to see if you get a stronger signal with the router? If so, what was the speedtest results using the 2.4 GHz test?

I see the motherboard does not have onboard wireless. Would you describe how you added the AX200 adapter to the motherboard ... M.2 socket or PCIe socket connection.

0 Kudos