Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Intel AX200 Asus Maximus X Formula (Z370) Bluetooth issue

Nicholas8616
Novice

Hi, so I recently upgraded my on-board Wi-Fi/Bluetooth chip to the intel AX200, the Wi-Fi function is quite normal in Windows, but the Bluetooth is simply unusable, it can't properly search for Bluetooth devices, even if it caught one it'll fail to pair with it, or even if pairing succeeded, connection is just unstable and will disconnect very soon and keeps on reconnect then disconnect, just unusable.

My motherboard is the ASUS Maximus X Formula (Z370)

I've tried reinstalling the driver, tried different antennas from the default from AX200 to the ASUS one, I've tried different Bluetooth device and all act the same.

My Windows Version is 20H2 Windows professional

Driver Version 22.00.0.2

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nicholas8616
Novice

Hi, so there's a driver update that dropped, and it did improve the pairing smoothness, and my bluetooth mouse is working pretty smooth till now, however my bluetooth dual shock 4s are still pretty, unstable to say, connection still drops very often, and the latency is bad too, I see that intel engineers are working on this so I guess I'll wait for newer progress, thx intel~ 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Try reinstalling using this clean install process:

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter. Here are links to these drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29902 and https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29919.
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From Apps & Features, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings". 
  5. Manually reboot your computer.
  6. In Device Manager, check Network Adapters for an entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200. If none, go to Step 9.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Go to Step 5.
  9. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. I recommend that you checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  11. Install the Bluetooth driver package (rule: always do Bluetooth first).
  12. Install the Wireless driver package.
  13. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  14. Enable Internet access.
  15. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Nicholas8616
Novice

Hi, I tried your method step by step, but the problem isn't fixed, Wi-Fi still fine, BT still sucks, thanks for the help though.

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Open Device Manager, go to Bluetooth category, and you should see the Intel Wireless Bluetooth. Double click and then go to the Driver tab. What does it report?

Not to question the functionality of the M.2 wireless upgrades, I have read other posts from users that had trouble with them. If you have an open PCIe slot, have you considered using that instead? I added one to an older I7 system and the wireless on that thing works excellent.

0 Kudos
Nicholas8616
Novice

Hi, this is how it shows and I think it looks pretty normal. About why no use spare PCIE slots, its just because the motherboard already have the Wi-Fi module integrated and works ok, so I thought I could improve it even more without  causing cable mess inside my computer, also, PCIE interfaced ones are just more expensive and I didn't have that much of a budjet.

0 Kudos
Nicholas8616
Novice

Hi, so there's a driver update that dropped, and it did improve the pairing smoothness, and my bluetooth mouse is working pretty smooth till now, however my bluetooth dual shock 4s are still pretty, unstable to say, connection still drops very often, and the latency is bad too, I see that intel engineers are working on this so I guess I'll wait for newer progress, thx intel~ 

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Nicholas8616,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are glad to know that you notice an improvement on this behavior after the update to driver 22.10.0.7.

As you may know Intel is always working in developing new drivers/software to ensure the best performance of our devices. Intel appropriate team is working on this matter.

Please ensure the use of the latest drivers/software for this device here.

That being said, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored .

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos