Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel AX200 BT5.0 M.2; Wi-Fi Internet Problem

Xami7
Novice

I have installed Intel AX200 M.2 on Asrock B460M Pro4, but there is a problem when I connect to Bluetooth speaker, internet turns off or disconnects itself. But if I turn off bluetooth, wifi internet runs normally.
I tried wifi using USB TPLink, and connected to a Bluetooth speaker, Wi-Fi internet was running normally.
But why!!?? if the Wi-Fi internet uses the Intel AX200 Wi-Fi, and is connected to a Bluetooth speaker, the internet is disconnected. Is it possible that the Intel AX200 cannot work two connections simultaneously? So there is one connection that must be turned off, is it really like that?

Any solutions?

I have installed the new driver from Intel's official web.
Here are my computer specifications:
Mb: Asrock B460M Pro4
Proc: Intel i5-10400F
Ram: Team T-Force Zeus 2*8Gb
VGA: Galax GTX1660
PSU: Corsair CX550
Win: 10 Pro 20H2

Sorry for my Bad English
0 Kudos
18 Replies
Shay2007
New Contributor I

I found out a new problem when connecting to Router Wi-Fi4 (802.11n) and bluetooth speaker connecting at the same time.

So when both connected the Wi-Fi drops and disconnect and reconnect every few min.

When disconnecting he Bluetooth everything work fine. Also when connect to 5Ghz router it work fine also.

Xami7
Novice
@Shay2007 Thanks For Reply. 
So, you have the same problem as me?
Is it still like that now or is it fixed?
How to fix it?

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

There is no mention of the specific adapter being used. That is an important piece of information. And what type of router are you using?

Xami7, please run the Intel SSU and attach the results. The tool is located here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

I just checked on my router. It is curious that one poster reported the trouble started when using 802.11n, something that is on the 2.4 GHz band. On my router there is an option on the 2.4 GHz band that deals with Bluetooth coexistence. I can only think this option exists because there are known problems when mixing Bluetooth and some 2.4 GHz wireless connections. Do either of you know if your router has controls that deal with Bluetooth and 2.4 GHz connections?

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Xami7,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you please provide the following information.

-Please run the following tool and attach the report generated.  

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

•          Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information

•          By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

•          Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

•          To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

* Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).

-Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update, Wireless driver update, or did start as soon as you installed the adapter?

-Was there an original adapter that came pre-installed in your system?

-Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks or with different Bluetooth devices?

-Were you able to have your wireless connection and your Bluetooth device working together in a normal/expected performance before with this adapter or the previous adapter before the AX200?

-Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system before this issue started?

-Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?

-Would you mind letting me know what brand and model is the PCI-adapter that you are using to connect the AX200 to

the motherboard, is it a generic one, or is it one approved by the motherboard manufacturer?

-Please share with us what modem, router, or access point you are using and let us know if it has the latest firmware and configuration for configured for 11ax mode.

-Did you bought the adapter alone or did it come with the antennas and everything just like the picture attached to this message.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician 

Xami7
Novice
@Victor_G_Intel 
Thankyou Sir for reply

1. I just bought a New Brand PC and bought an Intel AX200 Bluetooth 5.1 AX
AC M.2 2G 5G M2 NGFF Wi-Fi Adapter to install on the Asrock B460M Pro4 motherboard. 2. So, before there was no Wi-Fi Adapter on the Motherboard,
therefore I bought the Wi-Fi Adapter. 3. I tried the internet using TP-Link USB Wifi,
and connected to the Bluetooth speaker from the
Intel AX200 Bluetooth 5.1 AX AC M.2 2G 5G M2 NGFF Wi-Fi Adapter,
both of them run normally, but if I connect the internet and connect to
the Bluetooth speaker use Wi-Fi adapter Intel AX200 Bluetooth
5.1 AX AC M.2 2G 5G M2 NGFF simultaneously, the internet connection is interrupted,
the speed is slow even there is no connection or disconnects itself. 3. I tried Wi-Fi internet via cellphone tethering, it's the same problem,
but I haven't tried using another Bluetooth usb. 4. I have tried uninstalling the driver program, and installed it again,
but the problem persists. 5. I installed this Intel AX200 Bluetooth 5.1 AX AC M.2 2G 5G M2 NGFF Adapter
on the Asrock B460M Pro4 motherboard in the M.2 Wi-Fi socket. 6. I use the CH Hitron D31 CODA45 Modem 7. I bought Intel AX200 Bluetooth 5.1 AX AC M.2 2G 5G M2 NGFF already with 2 antennas.

Sorry for my English
I Used Google Translation
Hope You Understand What I Mean

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Victor,

I see you have VMware installed. Do you have any VMware machine powered on when this Bluetooth problem happens? Have you ever attempted to use the Bluetooth and wireless at the same time but without tne VMware software installed?

Also, what is the brand and model of your wireless router or access point?

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Xami7,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

Victor_G_Intel

Hello Xami7,

Please bear in mind that putting this adapter into your motherboard is considered an integration and the steps we provide might or might not work because we can’t guaranteed functionality and performance on a system that hasn’t been validated for this adapter.

In order to try to fix the issue please try to complete a clean installation of the latest Bluetooth driver we have available for your system and let us know if the issue persists.

Instructions:

• Open the Control Panel.
  • Click Programs and Features. The uninstall or change a program screen displays.
  • Right-click Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®, click Change, then click Remove and follow the instructions.
  • Download the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® Software.
  • Double-click on the software file to begin the installation.

When the installation wizard starts, it walks you through the following steps:

• On the Welcome page, click Next. This page might appear twice. If it does, click Next again.
  • Read the license agreement, accept it, and click Next.
  • On the Destination Folder page, you can choose a new destination or use the default. The default installation is “C:\Program Files\Intel\Bluetooth.”
  • Click Install to start the installation process. The installation progress displays.
  • When the installation process is complete, click Finish.

Latest driver:

.exe

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30121/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10

Regards,

Victor G.

Xami7
Novice

@Victor_G_Intel 

Thank you for reply.
I have done that method and I think it works, but it's not perfect,
there are still problems that the internet Wi-Fi disconnects itself,
but not as often as before.
And this is better than before.
The internet speed is also better than before.
Maybe later it will be better if I Fresh Install Windows.

Thank you for the advice and support. Good health and success for you and all.
0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Xami7,

We are glad that the solution provided made a small but noticeable difference in your experience with the adapter, and now that you have your situation in a little bit more control we would like you to try another clean installation but this time of the wireless driver itself before you attempt to reinstall the operating system.

Instructions:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-io/wireless.html

.exe driver

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30112/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters

.zip driver

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30113/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-IT-Admins

Note: If the installation of the .exe file is unsuccessful you can try with the .zip version of the driver by following the steps below:

1-Save the .zip file from the driver download link on the computer.

2-Go to Device Manager.

3-Expand the Network Adapters category.

4-Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.

5-Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device.

6-Repeat steps 3 through 5 until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

7- Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter

8-Select Update driver.

9-Click Browse my computer for driver software.

10-Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

11-Click Have Disk.

12-Click Browse. Select the location where the driver files are located.

13-Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

14-Reboot the computer when prompted

-After you finish the installation please make sure you are using the recommended settings for the 802.11ax Connectivity.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057574/wireless/intel-wireless-products.html

Regards,

Victor G.

Xami7
Novice

@Victor_G_Intel 

Thankyou for your reply sir.

I've done it that way

But still, Wi-Fi internet connection sometimes disconnected itself

Same as before. But better than first one I posted. 

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I
I have the same problem.
Just when I replace my router to WiFi6 then it start work with no drops.

Its seems intel having a problem with the Ax201 card.

I gave my Laptop back to Asus.
0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Xami7,

Best regards,

Victor G. 

Victor_G_Intel

Hello Xami7,

We will complete further research about your issue, and we will update this thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Xami7,

We would like to request the following information from you to check on our end what else we can recommend based on your situation.

-Have you tested any other Bluetooth devices to replicate this behavior? If you did please provide the models and the brands for them.

-Can you please provide us with your router’s brand and model? In case you have tested this issue with different routers please let us know their models and brands as well.

-Did you make sure your router was AX compliant? If you did check that please let us know if you use the recommended settings for the 802.11ax Connectivity on it?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057574/wireless/intel-wireless-products

-Have you tested your router with the latest firmware provided by the manufacturer?

-Did you check with ASRock to see if this wireless card was compatible with your motherboard?

-Where did you buy the wireless card? Can you provide a link? Is it the Intel(R) Wireless Desktop Kit or is it from an adapter coming from another third-party source?

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Xami7,

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Xami7,

We have not heard back from you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored 

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Xami7
Novice

@Victor_G_Intel 

Sorry to reply now.
The problem is still no results.
I don't use Intel AX200 Wi-Fi anymore, I am disabled it.
I use the Intel AX200 Wi-Fi only for the Bluetooth connection.
I use the Internet connection with TP-Link USB Wi-Fi. Just leave it like that.

0 Kudos