Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7553 Discussions

Intel AX200 not working + no bluetooth

arto2
Beginner

Hello,

I've recently (2 days ago) bought an Intel Ax200 (Gig+) M2.2230 Kit and haven't been able to get it working ever since.

I've tried every solution, inculding fresh driver installs and even switching the little pins on the kit. 

I even deleted the netwtw08.inf and netwtw08.dat files in my system32/drivers folder, but that didn't help either. 

Nothing has helped so far and I keep getting Code 10 errors in the device manager.

The Bluetooth segment in the device manager, is missing entirely. 

I'm using a MSI Z690-A Pro that's running with an intel i7-12700K cpu on Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

arto2, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

For this scenario, it is important to mention that when you install the wireless card on a motherboard that is what we called "Wireless Integration", and the thing about that process is that there are a lot of components that come into play, like for example: board, wireless card, drivers, PCI adapters, antennas, ports, all those parts need to be compatible for the proper functionality of the Wireless connection. 

There is also regulatory information about the "Wireless Integration" that you can verify in the following links:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005846/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

Based on that, In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system, please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
arto2
Beginner

Hello Albert,

thanks for replying to my issue.

I have downloaded the software you provided in the 3rd link, and you can find the SSU Report in the attachments.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

How is this AX200 connected to your motherboard. I am not seeing M.2 connector for Wireless on this motherboard, so I presume that you have a PCIe carrier card. This being the case, what does this carrier card look like?

The carrier card should have a small connector and a cable that you plug into that connector and then into one of the motherboard's internal (usually black USB 2.0) USB headers. Without this cable connected, Bluetooth is NOT going to work (Bluetooth is, per Microsoft spec, a USB device with a specific interface).

Secondly, these carrier cards notoriously do not work properly if plugged into anything other that a PCIe x1 slot. Plugging it into x4, x8 or x16 slot will typically not work or work only intermittently. I see that your motherboard has only a single x1 slot. You must use this slot for your carrier card. I hope that it is not being covered up by your graphics card.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
arto2
Beginner

Hello,

the AX200 is connected via an Adapter to my motherboard. The motherboard doesn't come with an M.2 Key E slot, so I bought an M.Key M to M.2 Key E adapter. I'm already using the slot underneath my graphics card.

This is the converter I'm using: DELOCK 65831: Konverter M.2 Key M > M.2 Key E Slot bei reichelt elektronik

0 Kudos
arto2
Beginner

Hello Scott,

the AX200 is connected via a converter/adapter to my motherboard, as the Z690-A Pro, doesn't come with a M.2 Key E slot. 

The adapter/converter is connected to my motherboard via the M2 Slot underneath my graphics card. It looks like a fairly standard M2 SSD, like a Samsung 980 or WD Black. 

In case you want to search up the product, this is its name:  DELOCK 65831 Konverter M.2 Key M > M.2 Key E Slot

Best regards

0 Kudos
claudspeed
New Contributor I

Does your motherboard have integrated bluetooth/wifi module? In windows you can only have one BT device enabled and working at a time, so If you want to use one, you should disable the others from the Devices Manager.

0 Kudos
arto2
Beginner

The MSI Pro Z-690A  doesn't come with integrated bluetooth/wifi module, that's why I've bought the AX200 in the first place. 

I'm not using any other Bluetooth devices currently.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, that was unexpected - and may explain things.

1. Most of the card carriers that plug into regular PCIe slots include a warning indicating that they may not work as expected if plugged into x4/x8/x16 PCIe slots. My understanding is that this is because of issues with PCIe bifurcation. The kind of card carrier that you are using may encounter the same kinds of issues (it is, after all, equivalent to a x4 connector).
  2. Regarding Bluetooth, remember that it is a USB device. Now, the M.2 Type M connector, like a regular PCIe slot, does not have support for USB included in it. This means that, for Bluetooth to work, you have to have the USB cable separately connecting the carrier card to a USB header on the motherboard. Without this USB cable, Bluetooth doesn't work.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos