Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel AX201 Wi-Fi6 disconnect and BT lags - Asus UX425EA

Shay2007
New Contributor I

I want to share with you a problem I have for long time with Wifi and BT. and the what steps I made already.

I am using Asus UX425EA Laptop.

I already post the problem before.

Bluetooth problem:

When connect Bluetooth mouse there is random lag, It stop for a sec and then continue.
I try different mouse, such Microsoft Bluetooth, and Microsoft surface ARC.
When I connect this mouse to different Laptop all work fine with no lags.
I try with 3 diffrent router, also when the Wi-Fi is turn off, and with LAN connected with the same problem.

Wi-Fi problem:

When connect to protocol wifi5 (802.11ac) there is random discconect for 5-10 sec.
When the network connect to Wifi 2.4 Ghz all work fine with no discconecting.
I try diffrent routers such: D-Link 224, and Technicolor DGA2232.
Recently I buy Redmi AX6 supporting Wifi6 protocol, and all work just fine!!

Warrenty:
I send the laptop to asus, 2 times already.
(when it was in the LAB Asus saw the problem!!)
First they replace to motherboard but the problem continue.
Second they thought that there is a problem with the Anthena, But still the problem continue.
The main problem is the Bluetooth lags...

Its seems Intel having a spacific problem with the AX201 when connect to bluetooth and working with Wifi5 protocols. probebly Intel need to update their drivers.

Update 22.30.0 (2/23/2021)

I update the recent update from INTEL,
They finaly admit: 

As for the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse, The problem Continue!!!
And I try with diffrent more mouse, and the problem Continue.

Thank you INTEL for admiting that there is a problem, But you need to keep working to solve it!!

0 Kudos
61 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Shay2007, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Thank you very much much as well for sharing those details. For Intel® is very important all the comments and feedback provided by our customers, and yes, Intel® will continue working on fixing this problem related to the Bluetooth lags. So, I will send your comments to the proper department as a reminder of this situation for them to be aware of your comments and recommendations.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I
When the new Update will solve the problem, Then I can mark it as "problem solve"
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Shay2007, Thank you very much for your response.

Even though as you mentioned, that the release notes state "Occasionally, the Bluetooth LE mouse may stop working" We will continue with our research on this matter, but in order to do that we just need to gather some details about your specific platform: 

When did you purchase the laptop?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for trying to help.

First it is not me say:  "that the release notes state "Occasionally, the Bluetooth LE mouse may stop working" But I just quote from you release log for the update!!

I already post before and gave all the answer you want, So you can go to this link to see it:
Asus Zenbook UX425 WiFi ax201 drops and disconnect when 5Ghz, Bluetooth mouse lags - Intel Community

IN general:

I but the Laptop in November, and the problem happed since the beginning.
As i says before, I try all asus drivers old and new, and all Intel driver old and new.
I send it to LAB because the warranty , and Asus confirm that there is a problem, they change the mother board but no change. and now they making research to see how to proceed.
I using windows 10, And already format it and reinstall several times.
The wireless card is scolded with the mother board.

I am sorry but all signs show that there is a problem with the Intel ax201.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi Shay2007, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Shay2007, I just received an update on this matter.

We are still currently working on this matter, could you please provide the logs from event viewer?

Just to confirm, did you get in contact with directly with ASUS to gather the instructions on how to do a BIOS update to the latest version?

Please fill the form attached to this thread with all the details requested in there.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

Dear Intel,

As I mentioned before, I did contact with Asus customer service, and they tock the Laptop to their lab 2 times, of course I update the BIOS to the latest update, And they also Asus try to replace the Motherboard once. 

When the Laptop was in their LAB they confirm that there is a problem with mouse Lagging.  But now after they gave me back the laptop they told me they will do some more Research. It seems they dont know what is the problem or how to solve it.

You as big company can make your own research by taking a laptop with AX201 bluetooth, and test with bluetooth mouse to see if there is a problem. you dont need me for that.

As your last Update you admit that there is a problem with Bluetooth lags mouse. so keep working on that.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Shay2007, Thank you very much for providing those details.

Yes, we will continue with our research on this matter, as soon as I get more information, I will post it on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
blazkepa
Beginner

Hello,

I have exactly the same laptop and exactly same issue. I also noticed that once I turn off my Wi-Fi, the  bluetooth lag dissapears (or at least it's less noticeable). 

Regards

Blazej Kepa

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

Today Asus told me that they are still searching what to do to solve the problem. (2 weeks already).

It is seems asus don't know what to do, And Intel should take the responsibility.

Probably if intel will not make good update soon, Asus will refund me for the laptop.

0 Kudos
blazkepa
Beginner

I don't think it's Asus related issue. I'm almost sure it's 100% Intel's fault. Please check out these link. I found them while I was trying to solve the problem by myself (driver reinstall etc):
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-Mouse-Stutter-Lag/td-p/7921890
https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/li399x/intel_i71165g7_stutter/

I think the ultimate (and easiest as well) solution for the problem is to return the notebook and take one with Ryzen.

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

Yes, I agree !!

All signs go to intel !

INTEL - FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION 

0 Kudos
blazkepa
Beginner

Hello Intel Support,

I just noticed one thing that might be interesting - the bluetooth connection starts to stutter once the CPU drops it's frequency below 1.5 GHz. If it's above 2GHz - the problem does not exists and everything works fine.

Best

Blazej

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

Hi,

I also try to test the CPU effecting the Bluetooth,

I kept the cpu busy with the web site CPU Stress Test, to stay above 2.0Ghz.

It is true that there is less lag when the cpu above 2Ghz,

But as for me it still have lag from time to time even with CPU above 2GHz.

But it is good detail for Intel, for them to search for a solution. 

0 Kudos
blazkepa
Beginner

Hi Shay2007,

yes, you're right. I noticed a lag on higher frequencies too . But it was less noticeable. I'll try to see how laptop performs on Linux to eliminate the OS fault.

0 Kudos
blazkepa
Beginner

I launched Linux on the same laptop and everything worked buttery smooth there. This leads me to suppose it's definitely an Intel's driver issue. @Shay2007 from my perspective it seems Intel wants to play for time by asking us to make a pointless warranty claim on Asus.

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I
Well done .

!!!! Intel the ball in your hand !!!!
0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hallo Shay2007 and blazkepa, I just received an update on this matter.

We are doing our best in order to assist you with this scenario and to try to find a possible solution, for us to continue with our research on this problem, could you both please fill the attached document with the information requested in there? Those details are necessary for us to moving forward on this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
blazkepa
Beginner
Hi Alberto.
Could you please repost the form again? There was already a lot of ongoing discussion before I joined.
0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

Intel!! You dont need our report forms!!

You can easily make your own test and see the problem!!
You just wasting time!!!

But I send any way again!!!

0 Kudos