Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel AX201 disconnecting issues certificate based

EricLulofs
Beginner

Hello,

We're currently facing issues with the Intel AX201 Wifi 6 network adapter withing the Dell Latitude 3420,3520, 5420 and 5450. All these laptops are equiped with the same Intel network adapter.

The issue at hand is the following. At the beginning of 2022 we enrolled the laptops through Microsoft Intune and implemented Cisco ISE to enhance the internal network security. At that point we where using selfsigned certificates that where deployed by Intune. Halfway october we let ou're partner change the selfsigned certificate to an external signed certificate, due to the problem that the newer Android devices weren't able to connect to the Wifi network. This was because there needed to be an external certificate availible due to the lacking option of not being able to skip verification of the certificate on Android phones any more.

After this change ou're corporate managed devices in Intune started to give problems. At random times the Wifi disconnects and users need to manualy connect back to the Wifi network. (This issue wasn't at hand when we used selfsigned certificates.) By now users sometimes need to connect manualy to the Wifi network 6 to 9 times an hour.

We looked at the driver versions of different laptops. Some had version 1.150 and others version 1.170. We tested by updating the driver to  version 1.190 to see if this would resolve the problem. Unfortunetly the problem still persist. We also asked ou're network partner to look into the issue and also contacted Dell about this problem but still without an acceptable result.

The only facts we know is that authentication with username and password credentials isn't causing any disconnecting. Also the selfsigned certificates didn't provide any issues when we used those. When we switched to the external signed certificate the problems started.

When users with an external device certicate connect most of the time they get asked if they trust the certificate to connect with the network. 

As mentioned earlier all the laptops are using the Intel AX201 network card. Ou're internal network consists of the following components.

Cisco 5520 WLC
Cisco 2702i AP's
Cisco 2802i AP's
Cisco 9120AXI AP's
and Cisco ISE as wireless network security

Does anyone else have the same problem with this or know a sollution to this problem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello EricLulofs,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (Gig+).  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

3. Can you provide more details about the current certificates that you are using?

4. Is the issue present with both bands (2.4GHz and 5GHz)?

5. Is the issue present with both drivers (Intel and Dell)?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello EricLulofs, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello EricLulofs,  

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos