Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel AX201 get bluescreen on Cisco 9120AX WIFI 6

KimBirk
Beginner

We have a problems with our Lenovo Thinkpad T14 running on this our new WIFI Cisco Catalyst 9120AX, with a Cisco Catalyst 9800 Controller version 17.3.1

The computer goes spontaneously in blue screen, and most of the time gets this error code: BAD_POOL_CALLER, but has also experienced PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If we connect the same Lenovo T14 to any other WIFI there is no problem, just as there are no problems when we run on wired network.

Computer: Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 - 14" - Core i5 with latest windows 10
Full windows and firmware updated.
Producent:       Intel Corporation
Beskrivelse:     Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz
Driverversion: 21.120.2.1

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

KimBirk, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately, or did it came installed in the computer?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
KimBirk
Beginner

Hi Albert

Is this a new computer? . Yes, it's the new Lenovo Thinkpad T14 laptop.

Was it working fine before? . The earlier Lenovo Thinkpad 490 laptop work fine, but not the new Lenovo Thinkpad T14. I have take with Lenovo and our Cisco supplier, and they think it's an Intel driver problem. We have about 170 devices on our Cisco Catalyst 9120AX network and they work fine.

When did the issue start? . When it logon Cisco Catalyst 9120AX WIFI network

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? When we experienced the first blue screen, we make sure that windows update and Lenovo firmware update were installed. But that did not change anything.

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately, or did it came installed in the computer? - The new Lenovo Thinkpad 490 has build-in Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz, and has driverversion 21.120.2.1

Does the problem happen at home or work environment? - The problem only seems to occur on the Cisco Catalyst 9120AX wifi network, when we have the computer on other networks there are no problems. It is only the Cisco Catalyst 9120AX there is a WIFI6 network, the others is only WIFI5.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi KimBirk, Thank you very much for providing that information.

We recommend to install the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them work with your specific platform.

I looked in Lenovo's web site and the Wireless driver version available for your system is 21.110.1.1, please try a clean installation of that driver and once you get the chance let us know the results:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t14-type-20s0-20s1/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Networking%3A%20Wireless%20LAN

If the problem persists, then while Wireless driver version 21.110.1.1 is installed, please provide the SSU so we can verify further details about the components in your computer:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

If the issue remains, then we will do further research on this matter, in order for us to be able to do that, please fill the information requested in the following form:

Problem details

Problem description:

Frequency of occurrence (once an hour, day, always):

Computer power source (plugged in or battery):

Steps to reproduce (provide links to forums, online help, screen shots):

Attempted workaround (turn off settings, change power settings, etc.):

Environment (office, school, hospital, factory, home):

Computer details

Computer manufacturer(s):

Computer model(s):

Windows OS (provide Version number if Win10, and 32- or 64-bit):

WiFi configuration manager (e.g. Intel PROSet, Windows AutoConfig (native), etc.):

WiFi adapter model(s):

WiFi device driver version:

Number of systems affected:

Wireless security method

Encryption Type (Open, RC4, TKIP, AES):

802.1X authentication type (WEP, TKIP, CCMP):

Key Management Type (PEAP, EAP-FAST):

WiFi network environment

Access Point manufacturer, model, & SW version:

Wireless Frequencies in use (2.4 and/or 5 GHz):

802.11n or 802.11ac enabled (None/HT(11n)/VHT(11ac)):

Channel Width (20 MHz vs. 40 MHz) for 2.4 GHz?

Channel Width (20 MHz vs. 40 MHz vs. 80MHz) for 5 GHz?

SSID stealth mode (hidden or broadcast):

Enterprise Customers:

WLAN Controller manufacturer, model, and SW version:

RADIUS Server Make/Version:

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
KimBirk
Beginner

Hi

I have not been to the office for a few days, but am testing it today. You hear from me asap.

0 Kudos
KimBirk
Beginner

Hi

We have install Wireless driver version 21.110.1.1 byt the Lenovo ThinkPadT14 is going in bluescreen again.

Stopcode: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi KimBirk, Thank you very much for sharing those details, we are sorry to hear the issue persists.

In that case, please provide the SSU report and the information requested on the form provided in our previous post, so we can further assist you on this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello KimBirk, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Reuben_Farrelly

I'm experiencing the exact same thing - in a Dell Inspiron 7373 laptop that I have upgraded with an AX200 card.  It has Windows 10  2004 all up to date.  I've been seeing lots of Windows blue screens with BAD_POOL_CALLER, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and other errors indicating memory corruption - barely lasts 15 mins without the entire OS crashing due to the driver.  This is with the latest 21.120.2.1 drivers.

I also have Cisco 9120/9130 APs, but I can't see how this could be an AP issue.  It is highly unlikely an AP can cause Windows to crash.  The SSID is a an AX network, 40MHz with WPA2/WPA3 PSK/SAE running on 5GHz only (no 2.4GHz).  Not hidden, and supports 802.11r/v

I've installed an ASUS USB adaptor in the laptop temporarily to test with and it has been solid.  No blue screens, no crashes, and not a single crash for at least 2 weeks now.  I hope Intel can fix their drivers soon as it's almost certain that this is a driver problem.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Reuben_Farrelly, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Additionally, please provide the SSU in there and clarify if the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 card came pre-install on the computer or if you install it yourself:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello KimBirk, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Just to let you know, there is a thread where the users reported a similar issue, they recommend to do a Firmware downgrade on the Cisco Catalyst 9120AX to version 16:
https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/AX200-and-Cisco-9130AXI-Access-Point-IOS-XE-17-3-1-Win-10-x64/m-p/1219228#M31382

So, as an option, you can always get in contact directly with Cisco support in order to gather the instructions on how to do the downgrade of the Firmware, to report this scenario and verify with them if maybe they have further suggestions to try to resolve this issue:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/index.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello KimBirk, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello KimBirk, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos