Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7426 Discussions

[Intel AX211] "Event ID 5010 from source Netwtw10"

User01
New Contributor II

The following error is being written to the Windows 11 System Log every 10 seconds or so:

The description for Event ID 5010 from source Netwtw10 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP1
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz

The system cannot find the file specified

This seems like the same issue as documented in [Intel AX210] Driver release 22.110.1.1 issues - Event Viewer ID 5010 excess logging - Intel Communities

I am seeing this behavior with:

Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz, Driver Provider: Intel, Driver Date: 1/2/2022, Driver Version: 22.110.1.1

Dell Inspiron 16 7620 2-in-1, Windows 11 Enterprise

What is the best way to proceed to resolve this issue? Is there a newer version of the driver that Dell should be distributing? Or, that Microsoft should be distributing?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
User01
New Contributor II

Dell's update software is still distributing the older 22.110.1.1 as the latest. Upgrading the driver to version 22.130.0.5 by installing and running "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" eliminates the Event ID 5010 that was being reported about every 10 seconds. Now, the Event Log is getting the following Event ID 6062 every 15-30 minutes:

The description for Event ID 6062 from source Netwtw10 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

\Device\NDMP1

The system cannot find the file specified

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello User01, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211 (Gig+).

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

3. Is the Bluetooth working?  

4. Do you see any error in the device manager (code 10 or code 43)?

5. Are you having connection issues?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
User01
New Contributor II

1. SSU output is attached.

2. This is the original adapter that came pre-installed on the laptop.

3. Bluetooth is working - but when listening on Bluetooth headphones sometimes the audio skips. I haven't gotten to the bottom of that issue.

4. No errors in Device Manager.

5. No connection issues. The Wi-Fi has been very reliable with both good throughput and low latency.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello User01, 

Thanks for the report. Before we continue further, I would like to confirm the following:

1. Is the alert from the Event log the only issue present on your computer besides the audio?

2. Are you having issues or bad performance with your computer related to the wireless adapter?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
User01
New Contributor II

1. The laptop is running Microsoft Windows, so there is never only one issue. A spot check of a boot and its first 30 minutes of run-time gives 14 errors and warnings in the Administrative Events view of the Event Viewer.

Of the 14:

• 2 Warnings of 10016 are due to a defective design by Microsoft (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/troubleshoot/windows-client/application-management/event-10016-logged-when-accessing-dcom)
  • 2 more Warnings of 10016 look like instances of the same defective design but are not specifically mentioned in the above article.
  • 1 Warning from dhcp-client is "Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x2C0DA7FFA113. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server."
  • 1 Error from NDIS: "Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2, {ac07c9db-fcdb-4f46-a516-fb0bdceb1c27}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has failed a power transition to operational power"
  • 1 Warning from Netwtw10: "

The description for Event ID 6062 from source Netwtw10 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

\Device\NDMP1

The system cannot find the file specified"

• 1 Error from Server: "The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{A4CD1237-8044-4F00-A723-77B1F058E076} because another computer on the network has the same name. The server could not start."
  • 1 Warning from User Device Registration regarding Windows Hello for Business
  • 2 Errors from Volume Shadow Copy Service
  • 1 Warning from Kernel-EventTracing: "The maximum file size for session "PerfDiag Logger" has been reached. As a result, events might be lost (not logged) to file "C:\Windows\system32\WDI\LogFiles\ShutdownPerfDiagLogger.etl". The maximum files size is currently set to 20971520 bytes."
  • 1 Error from Kernel-EventTracing: "Session "PerfDiag Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188"
  • 1 Warning from Search: "The filter host process 20240 did not respond and is being forcibly terminated. "

2. No. Functionally, everything is working well.

In addition, is there any background on the "The system cannot find the file specified" clause in the Netwtw10 warning message?

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello User01, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello User01, 

Thanks for your patience. I would like to let you know that we are still working on this issue and as soon as I have any details I will let you know.

For the moment, I recommend you to check with Dell to confirm that you have the latest BIOS installed.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello User01, 

Before we continue further, can you try the driver version 22.140.0?

Please let me know if the issue persists.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello User01,  

I reviewed your post, please let me know if the issue was resolved, if not, do not hesitate, just reply back.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello User01, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos