Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Intel BT chipset seems to do not work with Airpods Pro

Chole-23
Beginner

Hi!

My HP Spectre x360  laptop has Intel Wireless Bluetooth chipset. I have installed the latest driver version 22.80.0.4

I have trouble make my Apple Airpods connect and work with it. The Bluetooth lists the Airpod and can find it, but can't connect to it and play audio over it. It can't list the BT services by the Airpods.

The Airpod is using standard Bluetooth and Audio and it doesn't depend on the device being Apple.

Need Help please!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

Chole-23, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this topic, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Intel® Wireless card?

Is this a new computer?

Was the BT feature working fine before between this same computer and the Apple Airpods?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Chole-23
Beginner

Hi, thanks for helping me out!  I´ll answer your questions below.

What is the model of the Intel® Wireless card?    Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz 22.80.1.1

Is this a new computer?  No, i bought this computer on 19/11/2019

Was the BT feature working fine before between this same computer and the Apple Airpods?   Yes, it did perfectly. When i bought the computer a similar issue hapened, the airpods had like a bad quality sound when i used them with my PC, later i think Intel release an update and fixed the problem. Now, i can´t hear any sound when the airpods are connected to the pc.

When did the issue start?   I´m pretty sure this issue started when i updated my Windows. Now, the aipods and the laptop just don´t want to work together. 

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem? Yes, my laptop offered me the update to Windows 11, before that it had Windows 10. 

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?  It come installed on the computer.

Which Windows* version are you using?  Microsoft Windows 11 Home(10.0.22000 Build 22000)

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?  It happens anywhere.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Chole-23, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

For testing purposes, have you tried to connect another BT device besides the Apple Airpod just to check if it works properly?

You mentioned "I have installed the latest driver version 22.80.0.4", which is a driver version provided by Intel®:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10.html?wapkw=ax201

Just to let you know, the Intel® Bluetooth and Wireless drivers are generic, meaning they might tor might not work with your specific system. For that reason, we always recommend to install the wireless/bluetooth driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform. 

I looked in HP's website and the first thing I noticed is that Windows* 11 has not been validated by them as fully compatible with their drivers, all the drivers they have available for your machine were tested for Windows* 10. The latest Bluetooth driver available is there is version 22.20.1.1 Rev.P, for testing purposes, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://support.hp.com/hk-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-spectre-13-aw0000-x360-convertible-pc-series/29100376/model/31972069/swItemId/ob-266365-1

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless/intel-wireless-products.html

Also, we advise to get in contact directly with HP to confirm if the latest BIOS version is currently installed in your computer or to gather the instructions on how to do that:

https://support.hp.com/us-en

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Chole-23
Beginner

Hi!

Yes, i have tried use my pc with another bluetooth headphones and thy do work properly. I´ll try the clean instalation of the driver and if that does not work, i will get in touch with HP to confirm if i have the lastest BIOS. 

If anything gives me a solution, i think the best thing to do is downgrade to Windows 10, because i do use a lot the airpods paired to my laptop. 

Thanks for yor help!

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi Chole-23, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those details.

"i think the best thing to do is downgrade to Windows 10," perfect, that is another troubleshooting step to try, especially because of the fact that Dell has not validated the drivers for Windows* 11.

"I´ll try the clean instalation of the driver and if that does not work, i will get in touch with HP to confirm if i have the lastest BIOS.", great, that is actually what we would recommend to do next, and if you contact them you can also confirm or verify with them if Windows* 11 will be validated for your computer and if they have tested and validated drivers for that operating system.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos