Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Bluetooth in Windows 10, no sharing

JGonc2
Beginner

Hi. We have 2 laptops with Broadcom bluetooth chipsets and 2 with Intel chipsets, all running Windows 10, same updates. The ones with Broadcom chip have a "Share" tab on the bluetooth settings; the ones with Intel don't. To send 50 files from a phone or tablet to the Broadcom based portables through Bluetooth is a breeze. Just choose the files on the phone or tablet and send them all to the computer at once, after they're paired. On the Intel based ones it's a nightmare, as we have to choose for each file to receive it and after that start sending it on the phone / tablet. And repeat this ad nauseum.

Why isn't the sharing option available with Intel drivers and chipsets? It's too painful to use the laptop without it.

Thanks for any help, I've been searching everywhere to no avail.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Jclv,

Thank you for collaborating in our communities. File Transfer Over Bluetooth® Technology in fact allows sending only one file at a time when you are using Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology. Regrettably, there are no plans to increase the number of files that can be transferred via Bluetooth in a single action.

Here are some possible options or workarounds for your consideration:

- Even though the "Send File To Bluetooth Device Wizard" can send a single file, you can launch several wizards simultaneously.

- Use the Bluetooth* settings and enable Folder sharing.

- Create a single TAR or CAB file in your computer and then send it to the other device (this would require 3rd party software in the devices to handle file compression).

- Check if the other device supports WiFi direct. WiFi direct provides similar functionality to Bluetooth, but uses WiFi connectivity.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000007003.html Bluetooth® Technology Management and Configuration

We hope this helps resolve your inquiry.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
JGonc2
Beginner

Hello Jonathan,

Thanks for your prompt answer, I really appreciated it.

Answering your suggestions:

"- Even though the "Send File To Bluetooth Device Wizard" can send a single file, you can launch several wizards simultaneously."

This is practical for a few files, not for many. Try this for 20 or 30 files and it becomes a nightmare.

"- Use the Bluetooth* settings and enable Folder sharing."

This is what I want and precisely my problem. I just have 3 tabs on Bluetooth settings in the portables with Intel bluetooth chips: Options, COM Ports and Hardware. On the others with Broadcom chips I also have 2 other tabs: Sharing and PIM Interface. Would they show up in all our portables and I would have no problems and be very happy.

"- Create a single TAR or CAB file in your computer and then send it to the other device (this would require 3rd party software in the devices to handle file compression)."

Most people that share files with me won't be able to do that. It's too cumbersome and difficult.

"- Check if the other device supports WiFi direct. WiFi direct provides similar functionality to Bluetooth, but uses WiFi connectivity."

Most of the times I want to send files by bluetooth from phones there's no Wifi available. That's why I wanted to use Bluetooth and why it's such a great technology, you're just able to ttransfer a few files without many configurations and need for other devices, that is when it helps more than it hinders.

If necessary I can provide screen captures with the differences between the way the settings panel is presented in the 2 chipsets.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jclv,

We understand your concern and we will forward your feedback to the proper resources. Please keep in mind that currently, there are no plans to increase the number of files that can be sent via Bluetooth* in a single action.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
JShar5
Beginner

here is How to send files from PC to Phone via Bluetooth in windows 10

First of all make sure your bluetooth is turned on. For this search bluetooth in the search box of taskbar. Click on Bluetooth settings from the search results.

Now, turn on bluetooth if it is turned off.

Now, turn on the Bluetooth in your Phone also. Go to Bluetooth setting and make sure that visible to all nearby device setting is checked.

Now, go to your PC Bluetooth setting and it will find your device. Click on the device name which appears and click on pair device.

Now, as soon as your phone is paired it will display a message to confirm passkey to device.

Once you confirm it, the connection process is complete. Now, you can send files from your PC to phone easily via it.

Now, select the visible device name from the list and click next and proceed to send.

Source:-http://merabheja.com/how-to-send-files-to-phone-via-bluetooth-in-windows-10/ http://merabheja.com/how-to-send-files-to-phone-via-bluetooth-in-windows-10/

0 Kudos