Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Intel Centrino 1030 Wireless Card and Windows 7

idata
Employee

Will the Centrino 1030 Wireless N card support Wake On Lan (WOL) ??

I have an HP DV7 laptop with Intel Centrino 1030 Wireless N card and Windows 7. I am using Windows Home Server 2011 to backup the laptops nightly.

Specifically, I have the Intel Driver 14.2.0.10 from 8/3/2011 installed on the HP Laptop, and for for the power settings in windows 7 for Wireless Adapter settings i have set the option to Medium Power Saving. Are there other options I should be using??

note that I have been using an Add On to WHS 2011 called Lights Out which implements WOL protocol for turning on pcs on the network for backups and/or remote administration. Works great on my HP desktops, one with Vista and one with Windows 7. But the laptops do not work when connected wirelessly, and I can't seem to find info on whether that is limitation of the wireless card or the dv7 laptop or windows or ???

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Please note that wake on lan at Intel(R) wifi adapters is not supported since version 12.2 of the drivers for these adatpers, and it was supported only in certain adapters.

0 Kudos