Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel Centrino 6235 Bluetooth not detected by windows 7

idata
Employee

Dear Intel community,

I have a Samsung Rc530 laptop which officially had an intel centrino n130 wifi+bluetooth card. As I really had to move to 5 GHz I ve decided to change my wifi card to 6235. After changing the cards, the wifi got isntalled automatically and it is working like a charm. For some reason I can not install the bluetooth part, because the windows does not even detect it. I would like to know if there is any solution to make it work as I really miss my bluetooth headset. Im using windows 7 64 bit,

Regards,

Laszlo

1 Solution
idata
Employee

I understand that you changed your wireless card from Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 130 to Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235.

Please note that these network cards are intended to be installed by OEM professional technicians only, Intel does not support the installation or upgrade of the Wifi network cards by end users.

You can confirm this information at the following articles:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031167.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031167.htm

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-006006.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-006006.htm

As per the last article:

"Installing or upgrading the various Intel wireless adapters by end users is not supported by Intel. Contact the manufacturer, vendor, or the source where you obtained your computer regarding availability and support for upgrades of the various Intel wireless adapters.

Regulatory Information:

Installation or use of the various Intel wireless adapters is subject to country-specific legal regulations. In certain countries, this product can only be installed in systems that have a system level regulatory approval. This approval must be obtained by the manufacturer of the system (OEM/ODM) or the installer of this device. Before installing this device into a system, you must contact the manufacturer of the system, and determine if the product is approved for use in a specific system in a specific country. You are also required to follow the manufacturer's post-approval requirements.

If the manufacturer does not have the necessary approvals, the party installing the device is responsible for those approvals. Installing these adapters in an unauthorized system may be illegal."

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
67 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Marcos,

I registered just to help you (and others) which have issues making the BT portion of 6235 adapter to work, when using a MiniPCIE-to-PCIE adapter. I too have the same setup and was able to make it work.

Here's the trick: it appears that the BT part of this adapter requires an USB connection to the motherboard, just the PCI-E interface is not enough. So if you don't have an adapter which provides PCI-E *and* USB connections, you will be out of luck. In my case, I was lucky enough to have purchased an adapter which has both, and it works like a charm after I figured out that the USB connection was needed as well. Here's the page that helped me figure this out: www.hwtools.net/adapter/MP2W_6235.html

After I connected the USB cable which came with that card to an USB port, the BT device showed up right away as a PnP device in Windows - listed as "Generic Bluetooth Adapter". It did not work too well until I installed the "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Bluetooth Software for Windows 7", version 2.6.1211. After I did that, the device description changed to "Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 4.0 + High Speed Adapter" and everything started to work well. Hope this helps...

idata
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Please let me know what exactly I need to buy in addition to my Intel® Centrino®Advanced-N 6235 card, which I already have, so I could connect it to USB and make Bluetooth work. I have a Sony Vaio laptop. Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
BD3
Beginner

Hi vzane,

Your post helped me a lot, thank you so much! I also have a similar setup: MiniPCIE-to-PCIE adapter to install a wifi + bluetooth centrino advanced 6235 in my old desktop PC. I had to change the adapter to one with PCIE and USB. I bought mine from www.hwtools.net (cheap product and fast delivery). Make sure to plug the usb port in the right way, check on google for description of coloured wires. After connecting the PCIE and USB cable, Wifi and bluetooth worked no problem.

On another note, I have been unsuccesful in mirroring my display wirelessly through Intel WIDI. I can add devices but they appear greyed out (in windows 7 interface, in windows 8 metro-style settings its invisible). I am lacking the "add display" button when I go into "project", I only see the 4 usual options: pc screen, mirror, extend, second screen.

I have and AMD ATI Radeon 4850 gnu which is my best guess as to what the problem is. Have you encountered a similar problem? Do you know any solution?

Thanks a lot,

Cheers,

Balu

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have to say, this really annoyed me. Intel was downright hostile to the idea of even trying to help - claiming its illegal and bla bla bla (I remind them I am in Canada and still FCC this, FCC that)

End of rant, sorry about that

Really disappointed I cannot get this card to work with Bluetooth. I had it working great for the first three days, then after a reboot (not the first since) it came grinding to a halt. I even re installed windows to no avail (now I gotta reload all my applications, terrific).

So I now doubt it will ever work. I was wondering, does anyone know of an alternative card with similar specs? Perhaps one from Broadcom? My computer manufacturer is Lenovo by the way, I noticed a lot of people have Samsung and HP, but this proves it is a more widespread issue.

0 Kudos
dspal
Novice

For anyone that found this thread after purchasing the Intel 6325 and connecting to HTPC or other mini-itx NON-LAPTOP motherboard and experiencing issues:

Again, this reply is not for users installing this card into laptops:

I purchased this to install into the half height mini pci-e slot on my thin mini-itx motherboard (ecs h61h2-ti) in the HTPC I am building. If you installed this card only to find the bluetooth radio is not broadcasting and the wifi signal is non-existant or very weak; here is the solution: YOU NEED I-PEX CABLES AND ANTENNAS.

1. To recieve strong wifi signals, you need one ipex cable and antenna, which can be purchased here:

http://www.mini-box.com/Wireless-Pigtail-Antenna-PIGSMA-Triband http://www.mini-box.com/Wireless-Pigtail-Antenna-PIGSMA-Triband

http://www.mini-box.com/Wireless-Antenna-SMA-reverse-5dBi http://www.mini-box.com/Wireless-Antenna-SMA-reverse-5dBi

2. For the bluetooth radio to even broadcast, you need ANOTHER set of antenna/cables (purchase 2 sets from the links above).

Wifi will kind of work without an antenna but the signal strength will be really low. Bluetooth does not even turn on without an antenna. If you have a laptop and you plugged into the 6325 only to find wifi works fine but bluetooth does not broadcast, then your laptop does not have a bluetooth ipex antenna attachment. You are out of luck. This card requires two sets of ipex/antennas in order to get bluetooth to work.

I am returning the 6325 because no company should be as hostile to custom built PCs as intel was when I contacted them and explained my situation. FCC this and illegal that, claiming it wont work unless installed by an IT professional without giving me a reason, very dismissive and rude. Intel does not want to help. They kept claiming that the product is not to be installed in stand alone systems and that it is only meant to be part of prebuild laptops...if thats the case, then don't sell it OEM on amazon!!!

I suggest buying this product: http://www.mini-box.com/AzureWave-Half-Mini-PCIe-Adapter-w-Bluetooth http://www.mini-box.com/AzureWave-Half-Mini-PCIe-Adapter-w-Bluetooth

and buy an additonal Ipex cable and additional antenna. The AzureWave comes with an install disk, half-full mini pcie adapter, and one set of ipex/antenna for wifi. Once the card detects two IPEX cable connections, bluetooth broadcast will turn on and will work fine.

Hope this helps.

FVina1
Beginner

Hey slider821, many thanks for the information but can you clarify something for me. I've had a 6235 installed in my Alienware X51 to replace the appalling card that Dell supplied. I simply reconnected both antenna cables that are already present in the system.

My only issue is that Bluetooth does not get enabled, but WiFi has a good strong signal.

Are you saying that even though both are connected my set up won't work because they're not I-PEX cables with antennas? I'm not understanding why that would make any difference.

0 Kudos
dspal
Novice

Ferd,

If your previous card had both bluetooth and wireless and the system currently has two cables to connect, you should have bluetooth and wireless capability. The cables in your system are likely IPEX cables and the antennaes I mentioned are internal in your system (in my HTPC build, I would have to install them externally). Your system should support a plug and play setup with the 6325.

It may be a driver issue which a lot of people here seem to have. If you installed the bluetooth drivers/utility, can you open up bluetooth from the control panel? If yes, does it say 'radio is not broadcasting'?

I don't think I can be much help to you. The oem 6325 part was meant for laptop systems like yours, where you have an existing minipci wireless/BT card and existing cables to connect. Intel might even be open to helping you through this if you contact them. My build was different in that I was using it a personally built desktop machine and Intel was very against me installing my own cables/antennas and would not give me any technical support for a build like that.

0 Kudos
dspal
Novice

Ferd, Sorry I misunderstood and thought you were working with a laptop. Regardless, if your system had two exisiting cables connected to a mini pci wireless/BT card and you replaced that card with the 6325 and reconnected both cables, it should work. Those cables are IPEX cables and they connect to antennas, probably internal antennas, so everything should work plug and play. I hope you find a solution.

0 Kudos
MV9
Beginner

I just stopped the "Bluetooth Device Monitor" service and restarted it. Now the bluetooth icon is back and I can connect my bluetooth devices.

0 Kudos
NP2
Beginner

http://www.amazon.de/review/R2NCWCFRHC46X2 Amazon.de: Andreas Gryphius' Rezension von Intel 2777324 Dual Band wireless Netzwerka...

I have a Samsung RC530 and a 7260.HMWWB. Bluetooth can't be activated on some notebooks, so you need to activate it manually with a hardware "hack". Just get some Scotch Tape / Sellotape (in german "Tesafilm") and stick it on pin # 51 (picture). Put the card back in the PCIe slot and have fun .

I think this workaround works also for the 6235 and other Intel Wifi/Bluetooth cards..

CLepp
Beginner

Thank you so much. Your solution works with the 6235. I taped pin 51 and bluetooth was immediately detected. I never thought that I would find a solution after 2 years of searching.

0 Kudos
GKaus
Beginner

Hi,

I have a HP Spectre XT Pro running windows 7 professional 64 bit Service Pack 1. My laptop came with an Intel Centrino 6235 installed. There has never been a problem with the wifi. However, recently on trying to connect a Bluetooth device, I realised there was no Bluetooth adapter detected in the Device Manager. I have updated the BIOS, and all drivers to the latest versions. Proset and bluetooth drivers are all in version 17 now. But Bluetooth just wont show up. This is very frustrating, and I have wasted days trying to make it tick.

I realise that many people are having problems with this adapter. Will taping pin 51 help in my case? Because I dont want to unnecessarily open up the laptop. In another forum I read a hack about taping pin 20. Here's the link -

http://forum.notebookreview.com/lenovo/709182-t61p-installing-intel-6235-bluetooth-4-0-working-lower-temps.html T61p Installing Intel 6235 with bluetooth 4.0 working, + lower temps

Could someone please guide me on this or with any other solutions they might have figured out. Your help is much appreciated. thank you.

0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

gopalkaushik: masking off pin 51 (half mini card) or pin 20 (NGFF) might be the only option for you. I suppose you already tried Fn+F12 etc to make sure BT is not in RFKILL?

0 Kudos
OFant
Beginner

see my response further below. You need to install HP connection manager Software which can toggle the BT on and off. This can be downloaded from the HP website where drivers are available.

0 Kudos
OSärn
Beginner

I confirm that the tape-pin-51 sollution above solved my problem. Problem was that bluetooth adapter was not visible in windows 7 on a Toshiba Satelite R830. Wifi worked fine. Network adapter is Intel Centrino 6235, installed by my. (Not stock.)

Thanks alot to pint!

This is the kind of help I would expect from an official Intel representative. Possible after the "not supported, must be OEM technichan to install network adapter"-bla bla bla, if that is necessary.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Laszlo Lukacs, osksa,

We do appreciate all your collaboration here including the workaround about taping off pin 51. However, OEM's requirements and adjustments must be respected and taken into much consideration as all changes applied are to fit each specific system they designed and the information provided previously by Mark is correct as to the reasons integrations are not supported by Intel. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

0 Kudos
TVanm
Beginner

Thanks pint for sharing this valuable info!

I have a Samsung XE700T1A-A06US refurbished with Windows 7 with the same issue.

Originally, the stock driver on the refurb reinstall was a Toshiba bluetooth driver. I updated to the driver I downloaded from Samsung and everything worked great until I rebooted the tablet. Then nothing. Was about to send the product back for warranty repairs. Tried to uninstall the driver software and got "To Remove this software, first be sure that the Intel wireless adapter is correctly installed and enabled". After repeated attempts to uninstall/reinstall software, rebooting tablet, and more, I decided to take the back off the unit and do a hard reset by unplugging the main and cmos batteries to see if it would turn on. Nothing helped.

Came to the same conclusion that the hardware was not being allowed to turn on, or was being told not to turn on. Since this is a tablet, there are no keyboard function keys to turn it on or off, and the Samsung software has no provision for turning on or off/on bluetooth, only WIFI.

Finally, I had put the device into standby and get back to it later. When it came back from standby, the bluetooth hardware was awake and working. To test, I rebooted again and was gone again. Placed into and out of standby again, and viola! There it was again! I have repeated this many times now with success.

Happy that I found a workaround, but not happy I have to do this each time I continued to search and found this thread. Since I had the back off I got the card info and is the Intel Centrino N-6230, close enough to the hardware mentioned here I continued reading, and am so glad that I did.

This tablet came with this bluetooth card from Samsung, and was not an add-on. So, phooey on those from Intel saying its because the device wasn't meant to have this card in it. Well, Samsung put it in, not me!

Next time I have the back off the tablet I will be making this hack! If it is successful I will post the results.

0 Kudos
GHarv1
Novice

I did the pin 51 taping method mentioned in post # 50 for the Intel Centrino 6230 Bluetooth and its now working a treat, thank you!

0 Kudos
AUrsi
Beginner

I own a Samsung ATIV Tab 7 Pro with Intel centrino 6235 WiFi + BT module and since when I bought it, Bluetooth didn't work at all.

I've tried everything.

Initially I had Windows 8 and in the DeviceManager > Bluetooth there were 2 item grayed saying that the BT device was not present.

No success with driver update from Samsung and from Intel.

I upgraded to windows 8.1

The Bluetooth module disappeared from Device Manager.

No way to bring it back. Every action and every driver installation had no success.

Then I upgraded to windows 10.

Same situation. No BT module in Device Manager.

Various attempt to install new drivers with no success.

So I opened the PC and I've taped pin # 51. No change

Then I taped pin # 20. No change

Then I taped pin # 20 and pin # 51. No change

No BT module present in the device manager.

At this point, believing that the module was damaged, I bought a new 7260 Wifi + BT mudule.

No change.

I installed the new drivers but i can get the WiFi working but no BT module present in the Device Manager.

I started over taping pin # 51. No change

Then I taped pin # 20. No change

Then I taped pin # 20 and pin # 51. No change

No BT module present in the device manager.

Can anyone help me?

What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
TVanm
Beginner

Update for Samsung XE700T1A-A06US.

Finally got a chance to take the back off this device.

Taped pin 51 as in the picture in post 50. Works great on first boot now without having to standby and resume anymore.

Thanks! Hope this helps others...

0 Kudos
Sivaramareddy
Beginner

I switched the Wireless adapters between two laptops (From dead Sony VAIO with N 6235 to Hp Pavilion with faulty Ralink RT3290) and found that Bluetooth was not working but the WiFi is working great. Google led me here.... 

and

That "Masking Pin #51 with a tape" hack thing worked like a charm...

Thanks...

0 Kudos