Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel Centrino 6235 Bluetooth not detected by windows 7

idata
Employee

Dear Intel community,

I have a Samsung Rc530 laptop which officially had an intel centrino n130 wifi+bluetooth card. As I really had to move to 5 GHz I ve decided to change my wifi card to 6235. After changing the cards, the wifi got isntalled automatically and it is working like a charm. For some reason I can not install the bluetooth part, because the windows does not even detect it. I would like to know if there is any solution to make it work as I really miss my bluetooth headset. Im using windows 7 64 bit,

Regards,

Laszlo

1 Solution
idata
Employee

I understand that you changed your wireless card from Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 130 to Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235.

Please note that these network cards are intended to be installed by OEM professional technicians only, Intel does not support the installation or upgrade of the Wifi network cards by end users.

You can confirm this information at the following articles:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031167.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031167.htm

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-006006.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-006006.htm

As per the last article:

"Installing or upgrading the various Intel wireless adapters by end users is not supported by Intel. Contact the manufacturer, vendor, or the source where you obtained your computer regarding availability and support for upgrades of the various Intel wireless adapters.

Regulatory Information:

Installation or use of the various Intel wireless adapters is subject to country-specific legal regulations. In certain countries, this product can only be installed in systems that have a system level regulatory approval. This approval must be obtained by the manufacturer of the system (OEM/ODM) or the installer of this device. Before installing this device into a system, you must contact the manufacturer of the system, and determine if the product is approved for use in a specific system in a specific country. You are also required to follow the manufacturer's post-approval requirements.

If the manufacturer does not have the necessary approvals, the party installing the device is responsible for those approvals. Installing these adapters in an unauthorized system may be illegal."

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
67 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi all,

I´ve got the same problem. WiFi works so far, but bluetooth driver does not work an can not be uninstalled under Win7 home premium 64bit. I upgraded from an Atheros-card to the Intel Centrino 6325, running in an Asus N56VZ, because of WiDi and 5 GHz range.

Intels statement, that network cards may only be installed by OEM-professional technicians is, sorry to say, a bit ridiculous, because they sell these cards! This problem with the bluetooth driver is described manifold in forums, as well here.

I hope Intel can give better anwers or solutions.

Greetz

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Throwing my hat into the ring for this one. Same issue, the bluetooth component is not recognised by Windows 7 (64 bit) at all. My question is what brand computer is everyone having this issue using. I have a hunch that it's to do with the computer not "switching on" the bluetooth side of the card (ie, it is not a driver issue). Might also have something to do with it being V4.0 bluetooth.

For me, showing hidden devices in Device Manager shows the Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth adapter as installed, but disappears when the hidden devices option is unchecked.

I'm using a Samsung and the Samsung hot keys to disable wireless connections (Fn+F12) doesn't seem to recognise a bluetooth adapter at all either.

Any further info would be great, I really feel this is something Intel should address formally as well.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

my laptop is a Samsung NP-RC530-S04CH it originally came with an intel centrino n-130 wireless card, and the bluetooth was working with that. Intel does not really seem to be interested in supporting us . Anyway i think its the chipset which may be not compatible with, if u check the the list on the right here (related wireless products) http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/chipsets/value-chipsets/mobile-chipset-hm65.html Mobile Intel® HM65 Express Chipset

Our beloved adapter is missing

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I see what you mean Laszlo, it seems very weird that only this card isn't compatible. Can anyone at Intel confirm that this is the case? Does that mean we'll have to buy the 6230 instead?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Just to re-re-re-confirm ... I put one of these cards in a brand-new HP dv7t using Windows 7, and the Bluetooth doesn't work - but it's frustratingly close! Here's a bunch of mostly-useless detail ... Using Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth(R) Technology (which supplies intel drivers 2.2.0.204).

First (minor) the card doesn't seem to be detected at machine wakeup/reboot - there's no bluetooth radio discovered. If I turn wireless off/on at the keyboard, the radio is discovered driver installs are attempted, but then one driver fails.

Two "Bluetooth Peripheral Devices" show up in the Devices . One supplies "Device Functions" of:

Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (Sink)

Audio/video Remote Control

Hand-free Profile

The other supplies 5 Device Functions, but one of them shows as having a problem. The good Functions are:

Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (Source)

Audio/video Remote Control (Target)

Hands-Free Profile (Audio Gateway)

Headset Profile (Audio gateway)

but one shows as just:

Bluetooth Peripheral Device

and the General Description says:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element

The properties include

Hardware Ids:

BTHENUM\{00001132-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_VID&0002000a_PID&0000

BTHENUM\{00001132-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_LOCALMFG&0002

Enumerator: BTHENUM

Install State: 00000002

Problem Code: 0000001C

Bluetooth device Address: 902155220BE3

The 'btinfo' output is:

Friendly name: WAYNE-HPI

Address: (C4:85:08:6D:E0:0B)

Class-of-device: Laptop

Subversion: 64512

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip by: Intel Corp.

Discoverable: False

Connectable: True

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I got a driver to operate the Centrino Wireless 6235.

Visit the device panel, right-click and select "update drive". Have the computer search the directory where the file to be downloaded.

He will recognize and Centrino 6235 wireless will work.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fxdyt77ug8ohou5/xWJp0turXD/Centrino_6235_Wireless.zip https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fxdyt77ug8ohou5/xWJp0turXD/Centrino_6235_Wireless.zip

Let me know if it worked

Clecio

0 Kudos
LMado
Novice

Hi Clesio,

Thanx for the intention to do the job, that Intel's professionals must to implement (as it's what they are paid for)

Unfortunately the drivers that u r offering is for REALTEK products (pls open txt file rt64win7.inf), no relations with the discussed 6235 model.

Best regards,

Leonid

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

What do you mean it does not work, you seem to have the Audio profiles enabled and working...

1) Do you see the Bluetooth icon in the task tray(bottom right of the screen)?

2) If yes, then right click on it and select add device and see of you do a scan for Bluetooth devices

3) If 1 and 2 are success, but other devices cannot find your laptop, right click on the Bluetooth icon and select "Open Settings" and check options like below and try from the other bluetooth device again

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am not sure, but I believe my experience will help.

I got the same card because of the excellent specifications and...

I run into the same problems with everybody during my Windows 8 installation on a Acer Aspire One 756.

This Netbook is plain vanilla and there aren't any setting about WiFi/BT in the system.

Regardless of the drivers (latest from intel) the BT functionality was there to see, but it was disabled in the Windows System settings. After a couple of hours, I gave up and decided to replace the card next day.

And I slept over it,

Next day I woke up with an idea: Acer AO756 has a WIFI switch on the keyboard. Never touched it and the WiFi was working fine. I decided to try it and ...alas, BT functionality was immediately available!!!

Could it be that simple?

Well, yes, it worked for me and I suggest anyone with this particular card should try it...

0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

On Windows 8, it is optional to install Bluetooth drivers from Intel. Intel stack adds FTP, BIP, BPP and Highspeed profile features.

The native stack provides most important features such as HID, audio profiles and Low Energy

----

Disclaimer: Not speaking for Intel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have a Vizio Notebook with the "Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235" and I'm running a fresh install of Windows 8. I've installed both the Intel PROSet Wireless 15.5.6 drivers and the PROset Bluetooth software too.

The WiFi part is working perfectly, however Windows 8 has the Bluetooth "on/off" switch faded out. I can't toggle it on or off. The device manager lists a "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" under the "Other devices" category.

The specifications list "Bluetooth 4.0." I'm hoping someone has a solution to get this working.

0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

@Sahaskatta

First uninstall the Bluetooth drivers and reboot. Check if BT is working or not. Windows 8 has built-in support for BT and the native stack should come up successfully on reboot.

Once confirmed, install the latest 2.6 version from the link below and reboot (just in case).

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22022&ProdId=3551&lang=eng&OSVersion=&DownloadType http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22022&ProdId=3551&lang=eng&OSVersion=&DownloadType=

Confirm if the above helps or not

---

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

There is only one problem with this. While Windows 8 does have native support for BT, Intel's 2.6 BT driver does not have the audio part of the software enabled. So, you can transfer files, sync PIM, connect to a phone's Internet connection, etc. but no audio gateway is working. While the service exists, the software tab to use it is gone. This must be why the earlier versions of Intel's drivers are not compatible with Windows 8. So, instead of fixing this incompatibility issue, they just disabled the offending portion. I can understand doing this initially, but a few months have gone by, and no upgrade has been forthcoming as yet.

So, for us Windows 8 users we are still in limbo with our 6235's which kind of defeats the original reason I got this card in the first place.

0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

Audio profiles (A2DP, HFP) are part of the native stack on Win8.

Intel BT stack (2.6) is required to enable Bluetooth Low energy (stack support is provided by MS), Bluetooth high speed and profiles like FTP, BIP, BPP etc.

You do not need to install Intel BT drivers if you primarily use A2DP, HFP and regular Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

-----

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Murthu Kumar

Thanks for the suggestion. I had decided to just clean install my entire OS. After booting into a fresh install of Windows 8, the Bluetooth settings didn't appear in the Metro interface.

However after installing the the PROSet/Wireless Bluetooth Software followed by the dedicated Intel Bluetooth Software, it worked like a charm. I can now turn on/off Bluetooth in the Windows 8 modern UI interface.

I even went ahead and installed the Wireless Display software after installing the other two items. I haven't tested it yet, but I'm hoping it works.

@Chris Heery

Not sure if I completely understood what you mean by "audio gateway," but I can confirm that I was able to pair a Bluetooth headset to this Windows 8 x 64 machine with the 6235 card and use it for a Skype call with no issues.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@sahaskatta

As I do not have a BT headset, I cannot comment on their connectivity, but my Droid 3 phone which when connected under Vista or even XP in VirtualBox allows an Audio Gateway such that the sound from the phone is played through my laptop (i.e. music is heard there instead of on the phone's own speakers). Under Windows 8, the drivers exist, but the required software tab on the Intel BT software is gone. A BT Headset may work out of the box in a sense because that is it's primary purpose, but for a Smartphone's BT connection with a PC using the 6235, there must be software handlers to control & access the required BT services. In other words, there is no way to tell my Droid 3 while pairing to send it's audio to the PC or to transfer calls to the PC.

I am glad to hear that your BT headset works, since I plan to get one in the near future.

0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

@Chris Heery

You are referring to A2DP sink profile which is not supported by MS native stack. Intel stack also doesn't support this role on Win8. MS natively supports A2DP SRC role which allows streaming of audio to headsets, speakers and any devices that supports A2DP SNK role.

On Win7, Intel stack supports both roles.

----

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Muthu Kumar

Then the question is why doesn't the native Win8 BT stack nor the Intel stack support the A2DP SNK profile. It seems unusual that something supported from WinXP era through Win7 would become unsupported w/o a particular good reason. I assume there is a technical reason that this wasn't working, but neither Microsoft nor Intel have stated this directly. This is part of how BT works and to not support it makes zero sense. Now, I fully expect either Microsoft or Intel to find a solution eventually, but they could at least be more honest and just admit it doesn't work for whatever reason and that they will do their utmost to make it work in the future. That is how companies should operate instead of leaving their loyal customers in limbo.

0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

I believe you should be able to provide feedback to MS through their support forums. Typically devices with content (music files) and large storage support only streaming to other devices. That's the widely used use case, IMHO.

---

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have a Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook, NP530U4C-A01UK, and had the same issue with Bluetooth that many users have mentioned. It came with the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 Bluetooth card.

Bluetooth worked out of the box but I did a reinstall of Windows 7, and dual boot with Ubuntu. It seemed not to work at all on Windows 7 but worked fine on Ubuntu.

• I managed to find Bluetooth Settings through Control Panel, but couldn't save settings as it said Bluetooth device is unplugged.
  • I tried to enable Bluetooth icon in the system tray by setting it to "Show Icon and notifications", but it kept saying that device did not exist.
  • The only bluetooth reference I could see when typing "bluetooth" into the Windows/Start run window, was "Bluetooth File Transfer". That didn't work as it said adapter must be turned off.
  • The adapter was not visible in Device Manager, however as someone else also found, it showed up when "Show Hidden Devices" was checked.
  • I checked services and there were 4 different bluetooth services configured to autostart and were all started.
  • I reinstalled, uninstalled, etc... all the Bluetooth drivers I could find, both from the Samsung Drivers link and from the Intel website. Uninstalling one of the Bluetooth programs from Control Panel was not possible as it said that there was a problem installing that driver and that I should first fix the installation. Someone else mentioned this exact issue too.

Nothing worked, until I saw a reference to the Samsung Easy Settings. I had a problem installing that program because I already had the Easy Display Manager installed (I needed that program to use the Samsung special keys for volume, display brightness, etc...), and at the time of the fresh reinstall didn't want to be bogged down with Samsung's proprietary SW, such as Easy Settings.

Interestingly enough, as soon as I uninstalled Easy Display Manager, the Bluetooth service showed in the system tray on restart! I decided to test the theory and reinstalled Easy Dispaly Manager and sure enough, Bluetooth stopped working.

There are basically 2 options on this laptop, either don't use the function key shortcuts on the keyboard at all or install Easy Settings to manage them. I chose to install Easy Settings from Samsung after all, instead of the standalone Easy Display Manager. I don't know why that program interferes with Bluetooth, but that "workearound" worked for me. Hope this helps someone else, as I stumbled on this totally by accident.

0 Kudos
MOrre
Beginner

sadly i dont have an easy display manager thing. i got this card on ebay with a mini-pci to pci adapter (wanted a good card with bt4 on it) and i have the same issue here.

no oem stuff to help me.

please intel make it simpler to make bt4 work!!!

0 Kudos