Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel Centrino 6235 Bluetooth not detected by windows 7

idata
Employee

Dear Intel community,

I have a Samsung Rc530 laptop which officially had an intel centrino n130 wifi+bluetooth card. As I really had to move to 5 GHz I ve decided to change my wifi card to 6235. After changing the cards, the wifi got isntalled automatically and it is working like a charm. For some reason I can not install the bluetooth part, because the windows does not even detect it. I would like to know if there is any solution to make it work as I really miss my bluetooth headset. Im using windows 7 64 bit,

Regards,

Laszlo

1 Solution
idata
Employee

I understand that you changed your wireless card from Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 130 to Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235.

Please note that these network cards are intended to be installed by OEM professional technicians only, Intel does not support the installation or upgrade of the Wifi network cards by end users.

You can confirm this information at the following articles:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031167.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031167.htm

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-006006.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-006006.htm

As per the last article:

"Installing or upgrading the various Intel wireless adapters by end users is not supported by Intel. Contact the manufacturer, vendor, or the source where you obtained your computer regarding availability and support for upgrades of the various Intel wireless adapters.

Regulatory Information:

Installation or use of the various Intel wireless adapters is subject to country-specific legal regulations. In certain countries, this product can only be installed in systems that have a system level regulatory approval. This approval must be obtained by the manufacturer of the system (OEM/ODM) or the installer of this device. Before installing this device into a system, you must contact the manufacturer of the system, and determine if the product is approved for use in a specific system in a specific country. You are also required to follow the manufacturer's post-approval requirements.

If the manufacturer does not have the necessary approvals, the party installing the device is responsible for those approvals. Installing these adapters in an unauthorized system may be illegal."

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
67 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

...And you installed both Intel's Wireless and Bluetooth driver packages?

...S

0 Kudos
Grucha1982
Beginner

Hi everybody.

I want thank's NP2 for very BIG help. I lost 3 days tons of drivers downloaded from internet and nothing BT isn't detected in DeviceManager   then i read Your post and hack with 51pin works immediately. One more time THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Regards.

0 Kudos
OFant
Beginner

I stumbled across this thread with a very similar issue to what has been described in detail in this thread. This was on a HP laptop, but I assume the problem and hence solution applies for other vendors as well.

While the Wifi part was working fine on the Centrino Wireless board, after a reinstall of Win7 I couldnt see the Bluetooth in Device Manager or anywhere else.

Before I wanted to try out "taping pins" on the module as suggested (Pin51 hack), I went and looked deeper into a (working) identical model of someone I know remotely. I found there was a vendor specific software controlling the chipset.

Solution, In this case:

Installed "HP Connection Manager" available from the HP support site where you can find the drivers, under "Software Solutions".

After installation, the tool allows to toggle on and off of WiFi AND Bluetooth power supplies.

After switching on BT, all devices/modules that are needed are discovered properly and installed automatically (in my case).

I assume this tool controls the infamous Pin 51.

I also assume this tool or something similar is available from other vendors to do the same job.

Suggest to go and see if there is a similar tool for your Samsung machine available.

BTW I do think that Intel offical support should have hinted into this direction before replying with a legally safe but completely useless answer like in the inital, "correct" answer.

0 Kudos
JMarq4
Beginner

Finaly a solution, i was going absolutely nuts with this blutooth no show, tried everything inclusive installing a new copy of windows 10 with no joy.

Tried the pin 51 hack and guess what? Bluetooth working 100%.

Thank you very much i nearly gave up, i am now enjoying full audio stream via bluetooth.

0 Kudos
JMarq4
Beginner

PS.

Confirmed working on Acer E1 570G originally with Atheros Wireless Card, upgraded to Intel Centrino N6235 Windows 10 x64 - 100% works.

0 Kudos