Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel Centrino Advance-N 6250 Wimax Driver

tfc002
Beginner

I have an older Toshiba laptop - Satellite C50-A-1DV Windows 10 home. I have an Intel Centrino Advanced-N+WiMax 6250 device in my device manager that is listed as OTHER that has no driver available. I still have wireless and lan capabilities because I also have it listed as ok under my network adapters as Intel Centrino Advanced-N+WiMax 6250 AGN along with numerous other devices.

I notice that someone posted on here that they had a copy of the driver files I require, just wondering if they are willing to supply me with a copy, I have spent hours searching the internet for a copy but being discontinued don't think I am going to find one this is my last hope before I remove it and return to my slow very slow old card.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I have sent you download information via PM, so check your messages.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
31 Replies
JET5
Beginner

Can I have a copy for windows 10 64bit ? Thanks.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I have sent you download information via PM, so check your messages.

...S

0 Kudos
JET5
Beginner

Thanks Scott! Everything installed with no problems.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You're welcome.

...S

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I've sent you a PM.

...S

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Alvarock,

I sent you a Communities Personal Message (PMs) containing a link for downloading the driver installation files that I have. If you are new to PMs, click on your avatar picture in the top-right corner of the screen (in the Communities Banner) and select Messages.

The files I have are version 18.40.4, but this doesn't mean that the drivers included are not the same as the installation files @JET5 talked about. Unfortunately, I stupidly neglected to also download the Release Notes files, so I cannot tell what driver versions are included (they differ from package versions).

Hope this helps,

...S

P.S. Let us know how it goes...

P.S. You are the 229th WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
gladyourthere
Beginner

Can i be the 230th?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@gladyourthere,

I have sent you a download link via the Communities Private Message (PM) service. For this message, check your PM inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the blue Communities banner) and then select Messages from the resulting menu.
...S

P.S. You are the 279th WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
gladyourthere
Beginner

its an older toshiba satillite laptop.

Device name DESKTOP-K6H6NBF
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
Device ID CE616638-6C48-4160-949F-BAFF53681ACD
Product ID 00331-10000-00001-AA137
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

All I can suggest at this point is doing a clean install. Here is the process:

Here is proper process for performing a clean WLAN Install: 

1. Ensure that the driver package is on your PC.
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable. Note this Wireless disable must be of type that will stay disabled across reboots.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software. If none, skip to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6250. If not the case, go to Step 9.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6250 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Go back to Step 5.
  9. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. Ensure you have enabled cleaning of System Files. I recommend that you then checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently in this category (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  11. Install the downloaded Wireless driver package.
  12. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  13. Reenable Internet access. Restore Ethernet cable and/or reenable wireless.
  14. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

For files directly from Intel (i.e. not potentially modified by any ODM for custom aspects of their designs), you can still get the files from my archive, which is located here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T. Subfolders provide final driver packages for most of the Discontinued Wireless adapters.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos