Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205 older drivers for Win 10 64bit

StuartSL
Beginner

Hi, I would like to find where I can download older drivers for an Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205 WIFI adapter installed in a Lenovo T520 notebook running Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
I want to get older drivers in the hope it will solve a performance problem with very slow speeds.

I experienced a similar problem a few years ago and the problem was resolved by installing older drivers. Recently and previously I have tried doing a wireless reset and gone through the settings without success. Hardware tests run without error.
When pinging the router I am getting erratic responses. Another Lenovo notebook with different hardware in the same room doesn't have any problems.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The last version of the Windows 10 driver package that supported the Advanced-N 6205 is version 19.70.0. The package is too large (>75Mb) to attach here, so I have put in my OneDrive area. Here is link for download: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-jd8YI5NJM9tvEQlH6Q. Note that this link will expire in 5 days, so download as soon as you can.

...S

0 Kudos
jfenger_dell
Beginner

Hello n_scott_pearson, are you able to load that driver again for me or point me to the latest driver for Windows 10 for the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030/Advanced-N 6230 Driver

thank you

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sorry, but there was no formal release of drivers for Windows 10 for these adapters. According to the support page (here: Supported Operating Systems for Intel Wireless Products and here: Customer Support Options for Discontinued Intel® Wireless Products), Microsoft included inbox Windows 10 drivers that provide basic support these adapters. I do have Windows 8.1 driver installation packages that you could try to install, but I believe that the inbox drivers *are* the Windows 8.1 drivers so this might not accomplish anything.

...S

0 Kudos