Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Centrino Advanced N 6235 Bluetooth Problems

idata
Employee

So I have seen that a lot of people are having issues with this card. It seems Intels standard response is that they don't support anyone but OEMs installing this card even though they sell it separately. Well my new laptop is also having issues with the bluetooth on this card and it was installed OEM. I have a Sager NP9150 running Windows 7 Enterprise x64. Lets see if we can get an intelligent response this time Intel.

Jacob Bracey

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello, please note that the information you have provided indicates that you have an OEM computer on this case the recommended step will be to contact your computer manufacturer for support, as they are familiar with the total configuration of your integrated system and the way all the features interact with each other as well as drivers support.

If you want you can download generic drivers from the following link:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Wi-Fi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Advanced-N+6235&ProdId=3502&LineId=1784&FamilyId=1783 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Wi-Fi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Advanced-N+6235&ProdId=3502&LineId=1784&FamilyId=1783

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, please note that the information you have provided indicates that you have an OEM computer on this case the recommended step will be to contact your computer manufacturer for support, as they are familiar with the total configuration of your integrated system and the way all the features interact with each other as well as drivers support.

If you want you can download generic drivers from the following link:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Wi-Fi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Advanced-N+6235&ProdId=3502&LineId=1784&FamilyId=1783 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Wi-Fi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Advanced-N+6235&ProdId=3502&LineId=1784&FamilyId=1783

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I've got exactly the same problem. I have replaced an Atheros WIFI card with an Intel Advanced N 6235 +Bluetooth on my Sony Vaio VGN-NW2OEF/S. WIFI works perfectly with Intel drivers but Bluetooth doesn't work. How do I make it work? I'm afraid we'll never know the answer.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I also have a Sager NP9150 running Windows 7 x64 with the Intel Centrino Advanced N 6235 card installed OEM. I too was having problems using the Bluetooth (mainly it would not show up at all in the control panel or anywhere else). After searching the web and reading about people's problems with this function of the card for hours, with no helpful response from Intel, I looked down at my keyboard and realized that there was a button to activate Bluetooth. It is Fn+F12. The F12 key has a wireless symbol with "BT" written above it. Also, there is even a light on the top of the right side of the keyboard (above the number pad, right next to the WiFi light) that shows this same symbol. I pressed Fn+F12, the light turned on, and all of a sudden Bluetooth showed up (Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 4.0) in the devices and printers section of my control panel. It also works perfectly, I was able to pair with my iPhone and play music from it through my computer using Bluetooth. I realize that this sounds like a stupidly over simple solution to a problem that has been giving people so much trouble, and I don't know if this will help the people with other computers solve their problem, but considering that you too have a NP9150 with this card installed OEM, I figured that it was possible that you too had overlooked this magical button.

Hope this helps.

-Machasm-

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello machasm.

Thank you for pointing that out. We also have to keep in mind the fact that is up to the computer manufacturer to choose the method to enable/disable Bluetooth in a particular model; therefore, the solution you posted may not be the same for everybody but someone with the exact same computer you have.

0 Kudos