Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel Centrino N6235 MAIN and AUX

MAlex6
Beginner

Dear all,

Please help me with question.

I have Intel Centrino N 6235 in my notebook (Samsung Aviv Book 8).

There are two antennas in lid that connected with MAIN and AUX connectors.

I've done some test of outgoing signal strength with my router (SNR, signal level). A see the presence of antenna in AUX does not affect the signal output level. So there can be only antenna in AUX connector and short wire (not antenna) in MAIN and signal level become very low (SNR = 2). The same situation is without antennas in AUX connector.

Only MAIN antenna affect outgoing signal.

I can't understand what for is MAIN connector and what for is AUX?

I would like to know is there Intel Centrino N 6235 malfunction or AUX not used or something else.

Off course both antennas are in good condition and works in MAIN so there can't be problem of antennas.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Fox1,

Let me help you with this information.

I would like to get more details of your system so can you tell me what the brand/model of the computer is? Is this a desktop or mobile system? Can you let me know if this card came preinstalled by the Computer Manufacture on the system or is a new integration?

Kevin M

0 Kudos
MAlex6
Beginner
0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Fox1,

The main and aux functionality depends on the Computer Manufacture design so my best recommendation is to contact the OEM and verify with them this information.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
MAlex6
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

I see but what modes supportet by this chip? Moreover drivers for it are provided by Intel.

I sure Samsung only installs antennas in lid and not able to answer any questions.

Can you provide me detailed datasheet?

Maxim.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I wish I could provide and help you with all this information but I regret to say that the OEM is the one who have all specifications and design of your system and this information is not available for us.

From Our side, you can check the Chipset datasheet at this link:

http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/7-series-chipset-pch-spec-update.pdf http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/7-series-chipset-pch-spec-update.pdf

As mentioned before, there could be some features limited by the Computer Manufacture.

Kevin M

0 Kudos