Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Intel Centrino(R) Wireless- N 0130 Lose wireless connection when specific additional computer is connected

LHold
Beginner

Hi there,

I live in a student house and for a few months I had no problem connecting wirelessly (no dropping connection ever). I can also connect in other locations with other routers no problem. Recently, I have a new room mate and I whenever she is also using the wireless connection my connection will drop within 5 minutes. The only way I can regain connection is by reseting the router, but my connection will drop again within 5 minutes. I have used this same router with several other computers at the same time, for some reason her computer specifically seems to boot me off... Any Ideas? Thanks! (Ps. I am using windows 7 and Dell Inspiron 14R)

-Laura,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello Laura, this may be caused if there is a conflict of IP addresses. I would recommend checking IP/DNS values and correct either system depending if you want to use manual configuration or DHCP.

If there is no apparent configuration issue you may try uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless drivers in the conflicting system.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-025332.htm Intel� Wi-Fi Products; Resolving Wi-Fi network connection issues

0 Kudos