Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 no 802.11n 5.180Ghz found

HHans1
Beginner

Hello,

currently I run on my Lenovo S430 using a the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 with latest Intel drivers.

The funny point is, that only this wireless card do not see this Wifi given from Technicolor Inc. USA.

Screen shot from an older Lenovo U450p with WifiInfoView, where all is OK...

Any help

best regards

Hp

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi HpW4711,

I am sorry you are having problems with the system but let me help you.

Based on your description I would like you to do some troubleshooting steps:

1. Update the BIOS of your computer to the latest.
  2. Update the firmware of the Access Point.
  3. Uninstall completely the wireless driver and install them again.
  4. Are you having problems to recognize a different wireless network?

Kevin M

0 Kudos
John_S_Intel
Employee

What operating system are you using and what version of Intel PROSet Software and drivers are installed currently?

0 Kudos
HHans1
Beginner

Ok,

did a bios update without any changes,

I use Win 7 Pro ENG all updates and uninstalled all drivers and now using the Intel driver set 17.0.1 without success...

Simple connecting a Cisco USB LynkSys AE6300 on the same laptop works like a charm

Regards

Hp

0 Kudos
John_S_Intel
Employee

Would you confirm the Intel driver version? Did you mean 17.0.1 or 17.1.0?

There is a new version of PROSet & drivers you might try: PROSet version 17.1.0, which has updated 15.13.0.1 drivers for the 2230 on Windows 7.

The previous version of PROSet for the 2230 adapter was 16.11.0, and that software package came with 15.11 drivers for Windows 7.

Regards,

John S.
0 Kudos
HHans1
Beginner

Hi again,

Yes, the driver kit was Wireless_17.1.0_s64.exe (about 101 MBytes) and the installed driver version is 15.13.0.2

I am very sorry about this...

Regards

Hp

0 Kudos
John_S_Intel
Employee

Have you tried using the previous version of PROSet (16.11.0 PROSet with 15.11.0.7 drivers for Windows 7)? Did you get the same behavior as you do with the very latest software package?

0 Kudos
HHans1
Beginner

Hi John,

I was upgrading from a previous Intel driver (but do not ask me the version), while it was not working at all...

in other words there was not any valid connection with this wifi router yet.

Hp

0 Kudos
John_S_Intel
Employee

Is TKIP your only option for encryption (cipher)? Can you try connect using WPA2/AES encryption instead of TKIP? Are you connecting to a home network or is this connect at work or at a business?

0 Kudos
HHans1
Beginner

Hmm,

Security is currently WPA-PSK + WPA2-PSK, Cipher is TKIP + CCMP... is see other WifI only have WPA2-PSK & CCMP

Currently I do not have to password for login... stay tuned..

Hp

0 Kudos
HHans1
Beginner

Ok, we changed with the same chiffer to 2.4GHz and it's now working. In other words 5GHz seams the only issue.

Hp

0 Kudos