Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel Centrino wireless-N 1000 card doesnt connect to wifi

RHoff4
Beginner

Title says it all. I have the latest drivers updated. Still wont connect to my wifi. I know there's nothing wrong with my router, because every other device in my house connects with no issues.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi RobertH, kindly share more information about your issue.

Was this working properly before? If yes, what changed before it started to happen?

What exactly happens when you try to connect? Do you see the SSID listed for you to click on it? Does it accept the passphrase? At what point is it failing?

Please make sure you are using version 16.11.0

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034041.htm Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software — Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software downloads

0 Kudos
RHoff4
Beginner

I received the laptop used from my cousin as a gift, and the wireless adapter wasn't working when I got it, so I did a full system restore. I have gone through Device manager and updated the driver and it says its up to date. I have also used the Intel "Find driver and software updates" and it says its up to date. I have tried downloading the version of proset and when I open the installer the little proset splash screen comes up for a minute and has the green dots going around it like its doing something, then nothing happens. Nothing gets installed and I can't find proset anywhere on the laptop. And it detects the SSID, and asks for the passphrase and then after I type t in (which I know is correct) it says "windows could not connect to the network). I have no other issues on any other device in my home (7 or 8 other devices).

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Did you try connecting to a hotspot? There is the possibility your router has a MAC address filter configured, assuming you have entered the correct passphrase.

Secondly, are you sure you did a clean installation of the operating system or it was just restored to a previous point? The fact that Intel® PROSet Wireless Software is not installing indicates the possibility of a software corruption issue. I would have the driver uninstall from device manager, restart and delete the folders below before installing it again. Otherwise you may need a fresh operating system installation.

0 Kudos