Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel Driver and Support Assistant not detecting updates for AX201

Vic-18031
Beginner

Intel Driver and Support Assistant v21.1.05.2 is not detecting newer drivers for the Intel WiFi 6 AX201 160MHz wireless card.  It does show the card and the installed driver; however, it is not checking the AX201 against Intel drivers.

I have attached the devices.xml from c:\programdata\intel\dsa\logs\service\

DSA did notify and download 22.40.0.2 for Intel Wireless BT.  I know the Wireless BT is paired with Intel WiFi drivers so I downloaded and installed Intel WiFi 22.40.0.7 manually.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidO_Intel

Hello All,

Intel DSA should now be detecting updates for the CNVi Wireless card.  

Thanks

David 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
27 Replies
Vic-18031
Beginner

Hi Victor G.

I forgot to mention that I also varied the script a bit after what I already told you.

I started installing a driver prior to restarting the system (even though the device was fully removed in Device Manager). 

I tried three different ones; always after uninstalling the device and before restarting

the latest HP (22.40), the latest Intel (22.40), the prior Intel (22.30)

Each time after the restart the driver version level reflected what I had installed prior to restart. DSA always acted the same.  I even installed Intel 22.40 after Intel 22.30 with no change in behavior.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Vic-18031,

Thank you for your response.

We appreciate all the information that you have provided along with the log files you sent. After providing all of this information to the team in charge we need to inform you that they are already working on this and soon it will be fixed; consequently, please try in a few days (maybe a week) to scan your system again or update the tool if a new version becomes available.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
DavidO_Intel

Hello All,

Intel DSA should now be detecting updates for the CNVi Wireless card.  

Thanks

David 

0 Kudos
Vic-18031
Beginner

David,

Thank you.  I can confirm that Intel DSA is now detecting the AX201.

Really appreciate the team's work.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Vic-18031,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are glad to know that your issue got resolved. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information, you are more than welcome to submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Malechai
Beginner

Hello, I know this is a thread from a year ago but I found it by googling the same problem.   The new PC I just bought has the exact same wifi AX201 device and I'm experiencing the exact issue as the OP.   DSA sees the device but doesn't offer wifi driver updates - it detects and offers the bluetooth ones just fine.

I've followed the clean install instructions but to no avail.   Is the driver detection for this device broken again>

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Malechai,

This post is to inform you that this thread is no longer being monitored. Please, submit a new question on the community forums and provide a detailed explanation of the situation to have more personalized troubleshooting for your issue. Also, you should add information related to the WIFI settings and the specific hardware ID:

Jean_Intel_0-1660151598799.png

As mentioned previously, the thread is/will no longer be monitored. For further support, you must create a new thread.

Best Regards,
Jean O.
Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos