Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MBona2
Beginner

Intel Dual Band 7260 AC adapter issues

Ok, here is my problem. Since yesterday's update to my drivers, I have notice that when waking from sleep mode, the drivers break and I cannot see any SSID's. This is different behavior from the last time I updated, but I notice that the problem revolves around sleep mode. Fortunately, all I need to do is to go into Control Panel > System > Device Manager > Intel blah blah > properties. Then I just toggle the driver by disabling it and re-enabling it. So, I think the issue has something to do with sleep mode and waking up the drivers. Is anyone seeing the same problem? Is there a fix? I am running Win7.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BB4
New Contributor II

And this one, /thread/54573 https://communities.intel.com/thread/54573, even longer, may also.

MBona2
Beginner

I am running Windows 7 with the 17.1.0.19 driver version, and those work-arounds are for Windows 8 machines. I don't have those options in my power settings. I also tried disabling U-APSD support but that did not solve any "wake up" issues. Same problem persists. Drivers break when you wake up from sleep mode. Toggling the driver restarts the process.

BB4
New Contributor II

Read that second link again. I wrote it. It's about Windows 7 and exactly the problem you're having.

MBona2
Beginner

So your suggestion is to roll back the driver to when it worked?

BB4
New Contributor II

Of course. I wrote in detail about my setup and driver 16.6.0.8.

Uninstall ProSet. Delete the adapter AND the driver. Reinstall the adapter with the 16 driver set that I linked.