Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel® Dual Band AC 7260 + Bluetooth bluetooth not working

BDoug3
Novice

I just installed an AC 7260 card in my new Alienware 18. I cannot get the Bluetooth to work. I have tried all the latest drivers and have got WIFI and WIDI working. 4700mq processor. Will this card not work with my computer?

70 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Please keep in mind that Wireless hardware installation and use is subject to regulatory approval, and the adapter purchased may not support your local regulations. Only your system manufacturer is entitled to provide the list of validated and certified adapters that are compatible with your system. So for cop information you may need to check with them directly.

Furthermore, Intel® wireless adapters for laptops are meant to be professionally installed by Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) technicians on certified systems only.

I suggest that you review the articles available here for further information:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031167.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031167.htm

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-011644.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-011644.htm

0 Kudos
BDoug3
Novice

The wireless card has installed fine, WIFI and WIDI are working as expected. Bluetooth is not. From what I am now finding out Bluetooth is a problem with many intel cards. Thanks for the regulatory lesson but I still have warranty even when I open my computer myself. My continued support of intel only products has dropped significantly with such a response.

DArce
Valued Contributor III

Have you checked for any conflicts on the Device Manager? Is the Bluetooth device at least listed there?

If not this would clearly be a hardware problem that would be caused as the system may not be electrically compatible with the adapter.

Only your Original Equipment Manufacturer has a list of compatible hardware for the system you have, hence you should check with DELL to seek for compatible hardware, and it should be them, how integrates it to the computer.

0 Kudos
BDoug3
Novice

The bluetooth devices is listed as generic bluetooth device. It actually recognizes my bluetooth mouse, among other things, when I put it in discover mode. It installs the mouse but it does not work. I use this mouse on this computer with the original broadcom card and also on two other laptops with bluetooth. It is a dell BT mouse, it is actually a logitech though. I think all it needs is a proper driver to get it to work as it is recognized by the computer and it does see bluetooth devices. I even did a fresh install of win7 with the card installed and still no go. I installed both the wireless_16.1.3_s64.exe and the BT_2.2_s64.exe. I think I tried a newer 7260 driver as well.

My original computer and netgear WIDI adapter I ordered (M18 xR2) had an intel card (2230) but I cancelled it as the new 18's were announced in the middle of my order being built and I went for that instead. When it came without an intel card, I wasn't even thinking about that, and no WIDI the manufacture actually refunded me money to keep the computer instead of sending it back. I was very upset at not having Intel WIDI as that is one of the reasons for the new purchase. That is how I got in this situation in the first place.

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Even though it is not a supported configuration, what happens if you try the driver posted here?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22860 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Bluetooth Software for Windows 7* Download Center

0 Kudos
DBind1
Beginner

Hi,

I have the same problem. Bluetooth drivers seem to be missing from wireless_16.1.3_s64.exe. Installing BT_3.0.1304_s64.exe does not help, it still shows up as generic bluetooth device.

0 Kudos
BDoug3
Novice

I don't think it matters but what computer/CPU are you running, There seems to be lots of people that cannot get Intel Bluetooth to work. I have tried everything including a fresh windows install on new drives. I also have an Intel 6235 card and Bluetooth does does not work on that card either.

0 Kudos
DBind1
Beginner

Intel NUC DC53427HYE ... the card is listed as compatible.

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Allow me to make clear that these devices are only meant to be installed by an Original Equipment Manufacturer, doing this under your own convenience, would be a not certified integration that could lead to certain issues as the one you are reporting.

Still, let me further check on this and get back to you with more information if available.

0 Kudos
DBind1
Beginner

Sorry but... the Intel NUC devices are sold without storage, memory and wifi. There is not a single OEM that sell these boxes preconfigured here in Germany/Austria. I have installed only components that are listed as certified by Intel for use in this NUC.

All features including Wifi and Bluetooth are working, so it was assembled correctly.

There is only the problem with these missing bluetooth drivers and thus missing bluetooth features.

So please, in your own interest, stop these "it is your fault" bashing and provide us with working drivers for your products! Thank you very much...

0 Kudos
BDoug3
Novice

Dell gives me exact step by step instructions to tear apart my Alienware and change things and still have warranty. They just don't offer support on what I install. Changing a wireless card has to be one of the easiest thing to do on most laptops so whats the deal? Tons of people sell your wireless cards that are not OEM. Who do you think they are selling them to? I am not the only having problems with Bluetooth not working with Intel cards. I have stuck with Intel since forever, at least 10 computers, and hearing about no support for these wireless cards as I am not OEM is very confusing. I have installed new Intel processors before and not had a problem. Maybe this is why Dell dropped Intel wireless cards in their Alienware lineup?

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Folks, I have forwarded your feedback and the developers are looking into this. A new driver should be available for this adapter, however there is no estimated time for this to be available.

0 Kudos
PTriu
Novice

Hey there,

You can try what it worked for me, that was taping out pin # 51.

Check this:

/message/205314# 205314 http://communities.intel.com/message/205314# 205314

Hope this helps!

EDIT: sorry everyone, I read another post and replied here; my case was not the same as the OP. If it helps, I'm running 3.1.1306.346 BT drivers and they work just fine.

0 Kudos
LG4
Novice

Have you tried dell drivers? http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails?driverId=3PXP7 http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails?driverId=3PXP7

I'm running it on E5530 with windows 7, but I had to disable every other BT (bradcom) devices in Device manager.

Hope this help.

0 Kudos
LG4
Novice

Even though driver above worked, I had to uninstall drivers and disable generic BT device and enable my build in dell 380 BT device and use it. Intel driver was conflicting with it's own wifi portion on the card. I was getting really inconsistent performance like very low speed and connection drops. Sense I disable Intel BT the wifi is better. My Broadcom 54g on 2.4 band outperforms Intel 7260 N on 2.4. Which is sad. I hope Intel will figure out the issue and hope soon.

0 Kudos
NHaze
Beginner

I just put a 7260 in a Sony 15" S Series. Previously it had a 6235. I also had issues with the bluetooth. With the generic windows driver the mouse disconnected after a short time. It would reconnect if I turned it off and back on but only for a short time. I found the 3.0.1304 BT drivers and installed. The installer output that it was removing 2.6 drivers (from the 6235) and installing the 3.0. After the install I had the same issue.

I noticed in windows 'Administrative Events' in event viewer I seemed to be getting HidBth events: "Bluetooth HID device either went out of range or became unresponsive." when the mouse became disconnected.

Solution: I disabled Power Management for the device and my mouse has been connected for hours. Hope that helps someone. Hopefully working drivers are out soon.

Power Management: Device Manager -> Bluetooth -> Intel ... Bluetooth ... -> (right click -> properties) -> "Power Management" tab -> Uncheck "Allow this computer ... to save power"

0 Kudos
JJaco9
Beginner

Hi,

I'm having troubles with the Intel 7260 in my Latitude E7240 Windows 7 64 bit.

I installed the latest Wireless driver from the Intel website Wireless_16.1.5_s64 and the installation is successful. There are no errors in Device manager. The Bluetooth is shown as " Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth (R) 4.0 adapter.

The wireless works fine (very happy with the speed when connected to Apple Time Capsule) but the Bluetooth isn't working.

I also installed the latest Bluetooth software from Dell:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/be/nl/bebsdt1/DriverDetails/Product/latitude-e7240-ultrabook?driverId=3TCFT&osCode=W764&fileId=3280596998&languageCode=NL&categoryId=NI Details driver | Dell België

It is possible to find all Bluetooth devices:

1. Logitech M-RCQ142 (Works for a few seconds after the first installation, in my Windows settings the image of the mouse shows up, but after less than a minute the connection is gone as well as the image)

2. Plantronics M155 headset (connects but when I want to open the settings nothing happens, unable to make any connection)

3. Sennheiser MM400 (connects but when I want to open the settings nothing happens, unable to make any connection)

4. Android phone 2.3.5 (connects but when I want to open the settings nothing happens, unable to make any connection)

All the devices above are working fine on my other latitude E4310.

I re installed the laptop and added the Dell Windows 7 64 bit cab drivers the same result...

I disabled the energy settings but that didn't help...

How can I fix this problem?

Tx!

Johan Jacobs

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

The developers are checking on this behavior. as I mentioned on my last a updated driver should be available for this adapter, however there is no estimated time for this to be available. You can subscribe a RSS feed at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx Intel Download Center to know when a new driver is released with support for this adapter.

0 Kudos
AC11
Beginner

Wow what a fiasco today has been for me. To begin, I absolutely to recommend to everyone: DO NOT INSTALL INTEL'S BLUETOOTH DRIVER! It almost rendered my computer completely useless. First off, the driver doesn't even work! Also caused my track-pad to act erratically doing things I never performed and making it almost impossible to click anywhere. My keyboard was also effected and performed extremely sluggish.

I recommend completely uninstalling the driver and restarting your computer. After that follow mountcosby's advice to get your bluetooth working properly:

I disabled Power Management for the device and my mouse has been connected for hours. Hope that helps someone. Hopefully working drivers are out soon.

Power Management: Device Manager -> Bluetooth -> Intel ... Bluetooth ... -> (right click -> properties) -> "Power Management" tab -> Uncheck "Allow this computer ... to save power"

After doing this it has been a flawless experience so I'd like to thank mountcrosby a ton for solving this issue for me.

I cannot believe Intel would release such faulty drivers and provide such poor support for their own hardware! Unbelievable

0 Kudos
MMiku1
Beginner

Still not working. Device manager is reporting error code 43 by the BT device.

(Win 8 64bit)

0 Kudos