Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel® Dual Band AC 7260 + Bluetooth bluetooth not working

BDoug3
Novice

I just installed an AC 7260 card in my new Alienware 18. I cannot get the Bluetooth to work. I have tried all the latest drivers and have got WIFI and WIDI working. 4700mq processor. Will this card not work with my computer?

70 Replies
BB4
New Contributor II

Hey Joe, that compatibility link: is it compatibility of the BT driver with the wifi driver, or is it compatibility of the BT driver with the ProSet software?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

It refers to the Intel® PROSet Wireless Software.

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
MDyso
Beginner

Well, for starters, the links in that November post from Joe seem mostly dead now. Is this information no longer available?

I have a newly-assembled NUC D54250WYKH with the latest Win10/64 and the 7260 wireless card. Windows is fully updated, all drivers have been carefully manually updated one at a time to the latest (because the Intel driver update utility is broken and does not install drivers nor recognize when they are current), and the BIOS is flashed to the latest version as of today, 18 December 2015. Wireless 18.21.0 both driver executable and then software executable installed, in that order.

Wi fi works fine. System windows show BT is active and claim everything is working. The NUC can not discover any BT devices, nor is it, itself, discoverable. I can see the devices I tried on two different Macs as well as an iPad so they are definitely discoverable. Devices tried: Apple wireless bluetooth keyboard, Apple Magic Mouse, and the aforementioned iPad in wi fi hotspot mode. Again, each device is easily discovered by both Macs but the NUC apparently cannot see anything.

I have googled and read countless forum posts about trying to pair the Apple keyboard, and none of those suggestions help, yet this keyboard is simply a standard BT keyboard and others with other PC models pair them with no issue. From what I can tell the NUC with that card is simply blind to BT devices. Suggestions to refer to some OEM source would be meaningless because you are the OEM and this kit was intended for the user (me) to assemble.

0 Kudos
ALawr2
Beginner

thanks, my bluetooth is working now

0 Kudos
JSmit100
Beginner

I had this same problem with my XPS 15z.

I uninstalled the Generic Bluetooth device in the Device Manager and when I rebooted, it worked.

Still said generic Bluetooth though....

0 Kudos
JTong
Novice

I read a post that said you should cover both pins 51 AND 20. Worked on my Samsung NP700C7Z. So if covering just pin 51 doesn't work, cover pin 20 as well.

0 Kudos
RGlov
Beginner

I too cannot get BT to work.

I have a brand new built PC & a fresh Windows 10 (64-bit) installation on a desktop, so I purchased the desktop version of this with the PCIe card. When connecting the Bluetooth header how the instructions advise, Device Manager does not recognise the device (Error 43), when I rotate the header 180 degrees (As advised here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006810.html Bluetooth® Not Functional on Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for...), it's not even listed in the Device Manager.

I have tried the latest version of the software (WP-BT-17.1.1531.1764_t64) & installed this before the network drivers (Wireless_18.40.0_PROSet64_Win10), but still no joy. I do not see either a Bluetooth option in Settings/Devices or Bluetooth listed in the Device Manager.

As with others here, Wifi works flawlessly.

Pretty sure there must be a solution to this seemingly recurring issue. C'mon Intel, we know you have the skills.

0 Kudos