Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 - Freezing and disconnect issues when connecting to 5 GHz band

mtiag
Novice

hello

i am having disconection problems and freezing when playing online videos (or playing online poker that takes few bytes), only when i am connected to 5ghz band, in 2,4 ghz works normal

my wifi card as 3 months

i have a sony vaio fit 15 with windows 10 64 bits

i have a router asus ac1200+

i have latest drivers from intel site

a strange thing, or not, is that already uninstall and install the software intel pro set like support says when we have problems, but i install without no erros, but after i dont see any intel program installed. if i go to device manager, the drivers are there and are the latest, but i dont see any link in windows menu to intel software.

i choose in advanced driver settings, what intel support ask to choose, so i dont know what more can i do...

please help me, or request any information to solve my problem

thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello miguel_tiago,

We've moved your question to it's own thread as your issue is different from chris2306, who had trouble installing the latest drivers.

We understand you have updated to the latest drivers and applied our http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005544.html recommended settings, but are still experiencing issues when connecting to your 5GHz network.

As far as the PROSet goes, in Windows® 10 you won't find any user accessible software aside from the advanced settings in your device manager properties. The reason for this is that Windows® 10 does not allow any third-parties to handle network connections, so our software is mostly just a set of wireless drivers.

In order to better assist you, we would like to take a better look at your settings and hardware configuration. Please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report it generates by switching over to the advanced editor while replying.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
mtiag
Novice

i already posted that but i send again in attached and in here also

[SSU.exe report data removed by moderator as file is also attached]

idata
Employee

Hello miguel_tiago,

Thank you for sharing this report with us. We've reviewed it but were unable to see any real reason as to why you may be experiencing connectivity issues.

From this report, the only setting we may suggest changing is your Throughput Booster (Otimizador do rendimento) as this may cause your adapter to misbehave in high density environments.

The next step to take will be to make sure that your router is using the latest firmware:

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

PS. We merged your threads into this one to avoid confusion.

0 Kudos
mtiag
Novice

hello

here at my home i only have 2 laptops, should i turn off Throughput Booster ? i think i already tested with that function turned of, and i have the same problem. what is your final opinion.

about the router firmware, it is with last firmware since beggining

yesterday, i start the day with 65 mb download, decrease to 0,85mb !!! after half hour in 5ghz, i change and tested the 2.4ghz imediatly and i get 65mb in 2.4ghz

i restart the laptop and then in 5ghz i get 125mb again.

could this be hardware problem? because i talk to the shop that sold me the wifi card, and they have more of this model, and told me they change, cause its in warranty. please give me your opinion

i also read in Microsoft support that intel is having problems with the drivers to windows 10 64 bits... true or false?

and what about the intel pro set software, that i install without erros, and then i dont see any exe to click in windows 10 menu, doesnt create nothing, is it normal?

thank you

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

miguel_tiago,

If this is an upgrade part, you may be having compatibility issues. When it comes to wireless adapters we always recommend verifying with your computer manufacturer (OEM) and only installing pre-approved models. If possible, it's also best to purchase the adapter directly from your OEM.

- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005846.html Why Doesn't My Laptop Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter?

While we don't provide support for custom wireless integrations, you may try the following steps before returning your adapter:

1- Make sure that your system BIOS is fully updated.

2- Make sure the wireless antennas are properly connected.

3- Change the power plan settings for your wireless adapter: Control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change advanced power settings > Wireless adapter settings > Power Saving Mode > Set both On Battery and Plugged in to Maximum Performance.

Since the Throughput Booster settings seems to make no difference in your case, you may leave it as it is.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos