Here are some initial actions that may help resolve network connectivity issues:
- Contact the PC manufacturer and obtain the most recent driver for your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160. As second option, you may update using the Intel driver version with Intel® Driver Update Utility:
- Make sure you are using updated firmware in your Wireless Router.
- Apply the configuration from the following advisory:
To discard any issues in the Wireless adapter driver or configuration, you can do a clean install of the wireless driver following these steps:
- Check the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites and obtain their latest driver for you wireless adapter. As second option, you can use the generic version from: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75442/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-3160 Drivers & Software. Currently 18.21.0
- Go to your System Settings, Installed apps and features, then Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
- In Device Manager - Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
- Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager again and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
- Install the driver you downloaded before, customizing the setup to install all driver components.
After the installation, please make sure you are using the configuration from the document: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005544.html?wapkw=intel+wi-fi+recommended+settings 802.11n Connectivity Recommended Settings for Wireless