Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7352 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 does not work with Sagemcom router

ETorn
Beginner

Hi, I bought a Lenovo Yoga 500-14ISK Laptop (ideapad) 80R5 few days ago, and I have been experiencing wireless prolems everseince. The wifi connects to the router, and then disconnects after a minute, tries this again a few times, and then totally freezes.

The router works well with every other phone and laptop, and also the Lenovo wifi works well with other routers.

What can be the problem?

I tried to uninstall the driver, to change it to driver that is advised by Lenovo on their support page, http://support.lenovo.com/hu/hu/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-500-14isk/80r5/downloads/DS104711 Intel WLAN Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Notebook, but the uninstall does not work, even if I mark the "Delete the driver software for this device" The 3165 driver just goes back again and again. And after a while the uninstallation freezes.

I am able to use the internet via cable, and also after having unchecked the 5G access setting in the router settings. But still, it is weird, that I am unable to uninstall this driver, and also that it does not work ONLY with this router.

I would appreciate some advise. This has taken me 4 days to figure out. There seem to be too many complaints about this driver, so perhaps Intel could do a refresh?

I am using Win10, 64 bit.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Evatt,

Before we go any further, could be so kind and let us know if this adapter is the one installed by factory?
0 Kudos
ETorn
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

evatt,

Thank you for the clarification, in this case, that you informed in your previous post that after using the drivers indicated by Lenovo* you notice the issue still persists, you are welcome to try a clean installation of the drivers. You can use our generic drivers found in our donwload center.

However, before you do this procedure, have tried this particular computer with other routers to see if it will connect with no further issues?

Here is how you can proceed with the clean installation:

1. Download and save https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25833/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=89450 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 - driver version: 18.40.0 file name : Wireless_18.40.0_PROSet64_Win10.exe

2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

5. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.

6. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Evatt,

We haven't heard from you in a while. We would like to know if you still want us to continue working with you on this situation. Please let us know as soon as possible.
0 Kudos
ETorn
Beginner

Hi,

Sorry for not replying, but I got direct help from Intel customer support. I downloaded a new driver, and that solved the problem. It turned out that the driver that Lenovo gives with the new PC and the Intel adapter, is not an Intel software, and that may have caused the problem.

It is useful information probably for a lot of people, who are currently buying Lenovo Yoga 500.

Thank you for being so supportive! I did not get any help at al from Lenovo, or the shop where I bought the pc.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Evatt,

Thanks for your time to let us know the issue has been resolved. You are very welcome. Should you ever need our assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be more than glad to assist you.
0 Kudos