Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3168 - 5 GHz doesn't work anymore

raubin
Beginner

Hi,

I have this wifi card « Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3168 » and it stopped working on the 5 GHz. 2.4 GHz work fine.

Here are some usefull details:

• WiFi card is 9 months old and has been working fine on 5 GHz since the beginning;
  • It worked since a new router was installed by the internet service provider. This new router is ready for 2.4 and 5 GHz and all others electronic devices are working fine on the 5 GHz, except my PC;
  • Drivers has been updated to version 19.51.31.1;
  • The Intel' software to keep drivers to the latest version has mentionned the wifi card has the latest drivers (19.51.31.1);
  • Right now, I cannot connect to the 5 GHz, it said there is no network... Few days ago, I could connect to 5 GHz, but after some time, connection issue show up. Before new router this was not an issue at all;

Everything look like there is some king of incompatibility with the new router and the WiFi card, but I don't know what it could be.

I've joined the hardware information collected by the intel software to help in investigation.

Thanks for any help

Raphaël A.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello raubin,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

• What is the specific model of the new router?
  • By any chance, did you check on the router's manufacturer website if they have any firmware/update available?
  • Is the wireless card an integration you made to your PC?

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
raubin
Beginner
  • What is the specific model of the new router? I don't have this information right now. I will have to go to my customer. 
  • By any chance, did you check on the router's manufacturer website if they have any firmware/update available? This router has been installed by the internet service provider technicians, so I'll assume they upgradeed it...
  • Is the wireless card an integration you made to your PC? card was there on purchase.

Since I see my customer, if you have any idea on how to fix this issue with past experience, I'll take any advice. Right now I would like to avoid moving to my customer to get router brand, firmware version etc.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello raubin,

Thank you very much for the information provided.

We have seen similar issues, this is usually related to the change of the router, some Routers do not have the proper configuration to work with the wireless cards in its bands.

In this case, our best recommendation is to contact the Internet Service Provider or the Router Manufacturer to complete any pending updates and the proper settings on your device to work with the PC.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello raubin,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos