Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 Not Working

CZaca
Beginner

So I have an HP pavilion gaming and computer that originally had a 300W power supply. I recently just upgraded it to a 500W power supply and everything is working fine but the wireless adapter (Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168). After the replacement it just stop working and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to work again. Any help would be appreciated if there is any thing I need to do please feel free to inform me.

PS: Computer is on one side of the house away from ethernet cables so I am using my mobile device and to communicate. Also if this is in the wrong forum please let me know so I can move it.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Was this wireless solution provided by HP? If so, you *must* go through HP for support. Many of the Intel Wireless solutions shipped by HP and other providers are OEM versions that are specific to that provider. These OEM versions are not supported here.

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos
CZaca
Beginner

I appreciate that and thank you very much. I’ll direct this to their forums. If it’s okay for any future issues anyone else may have I’d like to leave this thread intact that way they can have a paper trail.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No problem. Let us know what happens.

0 Kudos