Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3168 disconnecting, reconnecting, disconnecting... etc.

EBret
Beginner

From time to time, suddenly the Wi-Fi connection, the adapter, just cuts off. I Troubleshoot (Windows 10), then it auto resets the adapter, and I gain the signal again, shortly. It then disconnects, I troubleshoot, reset the connection, gain the connection briefly, then it quits again. After a few minutes of this, the adapter is stable for a day or a few days before it happens again.

I have done a variety of things, including resetting the connection, updating the driver (just a few days ago), using Comman prompts to flush the DNS, stopping auto-power save in Windows etc. The problem just continues.

This happens only on my PC, no other device loses the wi-fi signal at the same time my PC does.

I have uploaded two relevant files. Any ideas please?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello EBret Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. • Have you tired the clean Installation of Wireless Drivers on the system? If not see the steps bellow and test the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers, and the lasted driver for the Intel® wireless adapters on https://downloadcenter.intel.com/. • Try Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings to configure the Intel® wireless adapter according to your router capabilities (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html). • Does the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 come preinstalled on the system? • In order to help you better, I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on the computer. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility • Steps to save the report: 1- Run the utility. 2- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
EBret
Beginner

Thank you Leonardo.

I have done a clean installation of the adapter driver, also run the Intel auto updater which found the latest update for my network adapter, and updated it.

The advanced settings according to my router capabilities I do not know anything about, and my ISP makes it a rule to not touch any of the router settings.

The Wireless adapter AC 3168 comes preinstalled on my HP PC.

I have attached the updated report.

For now, of course the adapter is working fine, as it often does. I won't know if the problem is fixed, until the problem occurs again: depending on the effect of the updated driver.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello EBret Thank you for the information, keep us posted for any changes. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello EBret I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello EBret I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos