Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 unable to connect with my network

Cez
Beginner

Just bought a new coputer (custom build) and after installing Windows 10 I have fun with this wireless card. It is unable to connect to my network athough old computer (with Win 7 and other Intel card) has no such issue. I updated drivers, still nothing. I see only a short message 'checking network requirements' and then 'unable to connect' or something like that.

I also tried to install this ProSet program my old computer has, but strangely enough, after installation I don't see it enywhere.

And what is weirder, I managed to set up router via my Android phone and this is the only way I can have internet using this card. 

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Cez,

Thank you for posting in the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

• Was the wireless card an integration the person made to the PC or the wireless card was original with the mobo/system?
  • Did the wireless card work before with the custom build? (please check this with the person who assembled the PC)
  • Are you able to see any error messages on the device manager? If so, please provide details.
  • Did you test a different router/access point?

Provide the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Cez,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Cez,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos