Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260 | Driver completely stopped working and I have no wi-fi capability

JNguy17
Beginner

Laptop: HP 15u011dx OS: Windows 10 x64

My computer has been experiencing sporadic wireless issues, where it would connect to my network for at most like 5 minutes before disconnecting, not finding any other networks, and then completely disabling itself. As of now, the driver for the Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260 driver has completely "disappeared" from Device Manager, so I can't really do an uninstall or disable and such. I have tried to update the driver using Intel's latest driver for this but it did not work. I am really stumped and I am using my mobile hotspot through USB to do all my work and it is killing me right now.

I've attached the Intel log file that scanned my computer. It is missing the wireless network driver.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello dyslexicuserman,

Thank you for including the SSU report with your post.

If your adapter is not showing in Device Manager, this does not only mean that the driver is not showing. In this case it seems that your wireless adapter is not being detected at all. We reviewed the report attached, and it is not showing there as well.

In this case we can recommend trying a system restore to a date when the adapter was working. This will help discard software issues.

Another option will be to back up your data and reset your OS completely.

- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options Windows® 10 Recovery Options

However, it's very likely that you will need to engage your computer manufacturer for hardware support. It's possible that the adapter may be defective and in need of replacement.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello dyslexicuserman,

We haven't heard back from you in a while. Was your computer manufacturer able to help you resolve the problem?

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos