Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7443 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260 keeps dropping wifi connection

CNguy36
Beginner

For the past few weeks, I've noticed that intermittently (at least once a day), my computer will seem to slow down, and my mouse will freeze for a couple of seconds. Afterwards, I'll lose the ability to access the internet through wifi, and only restarting the computer or restarting the WiFi adapter through the network troubleshooter seems to restore internet access (disabling and re-enabling the adapter manually in the device manager does not work, as I receive an error code 10 while trying to enable the driver back). Additionally, I've noticed events 5007 and 10400 in the Event Viewer nearly every time I've run into an issue.

For reference, I'm running the driver with the version 18.33.17.1. I'm also attaching the SSU report for your convenience. I seem to not have the ability to upload the html of the WLAN Report, but if you can give me instructions on how to do so, I can gladly provide that for you.

0 Kudos
24 Replies
BRuss9
Beginner
I am going to try doing a clean install again. Can you shoot over an updated instruction to do so?
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello BRuss9,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

Please refer to this link for instructions on how to perform a clean installation of the drivers:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

I hope this helps.

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
User1587252871928672

I've had the same issue on and off with the 7260 dropping the 5G connection. 2.4G is solid. I started having the problems after updating the driver to 18.X.X in Windows 7, I just upgraded my computer to Windows 10 and having the problem again. I think the solution is to give us the 17.X.X drivers back because we know they work. I've had this Lenovo w540 for 4 years now, and its been running rock solid until the drivers were changed. it isn't a hardware manufacturer issue, you can see other people having the same issues with this wifi card if you do a google search. so please just give us the old drivers back.

0 Kudos
RLill4
Beginner

I've had the same issue as above too. It's getting worse. I'm unable to connect to any 5G wifi because it drops and corrupt the driver. You have to wait some timeout about 5 minutes, even if you disabled the interface, to recover again. BT show some little lags in the process. Updated to last driver.

0 Kudos