Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7350 Discussions

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260NGW

idata
Employee

Hi. can anyone here at the Intel forum tell me what is the antenna connector on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless AC 7260th I need the external antenna on my building I sit in my NUC5i5MYBE

there should be a kind of pigtail with SMA connector on the other enden. what is the type of contact that sits on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless AC 7260NGW

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Al Hill

Okay sorry that I happened to write several posts .. though it would be nicer to get an answer to my question instead of being corrected in that it wrote in several forums .. hope you answer my question now that instead.

Yours sincerely Magnus Eriksson

0 Kudos
AHaut
Novice

"U.FL" is the connector model found on almost any Mini-PCIE adapters, Intel AC7260 included.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

or you can look at this picture so you can see how it looks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pcs-IPEX-MHF4-to-RP-SMA-Female-Pigtail-for-NGFF-M-2-WIFI-WLAN-3G-4GModules-19cm-/252014856508?hash=item3aad41893c 2pcs IPEX MHF4 to RP SMA Female Pigtail for NGFF M 2 WiFi WLAN 3G 4GMODULES 19cm | eBay

0 Kudos
AHaut
Novice

You asked "what is the type of contact that sits on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless AC 7260NGW"

The type of contact that sits on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless AC 7260NGW card is U.FL.

If you have the Intel card and this U.FL to SMA cable, exactly as of the picture this link you shared (http://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pcs-IPEX-MHF4-to-RP-SMA-Female-Pigtail-for-NGFF-M-2-WIFI-WLAN-3G-4GModules-19cm-/252014856508?hash=item3aad41893c 2pcs IPEX MHF4 to RP SMA Female Pigtail for NGFF M 2 WiFi WLAN 3G 4GMODULES 19cm | eBay), all you need are antennas with SMA connector. If you do not have the SMA antennas or if you have a set of non-SMA antennas, then you need adapters to use these cables you shared on whatever antennas you have, or a new cable of type U.FL to whatever connector the antenna you have uses.

If you are looking for compatible antennas to use on this card or to use on these U.FL to SMA cable, then I am sorry but I have no idea.

0 Kudos