Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 SLOW since Feb. 2021 MS Update!

ErikGerard
Beginner

My Dell Latitude e7470 used to be the fastest in a house full of Dell laptops (all w/ Intel NICS) when it came to internet speeds BUT since Microsoft's Feb. 2021 update, it is now painfully slow. Used to get 480 Mbps but now getting 80 Mbps downloads. 

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260, Version: 20.70.19.1, Date: 9/15/2020

Tried previous versions of the driver and the latest version (above). 

Went to a previous Restore Point on in Win10 laptop. 

Nothing seems to resolve this issue. 

Appreciate recommendations!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ErikGerard
Beginner

I wound up rolling back to an earlier Restore Point prior to the big Microsoft Update and it is now working well again. So not the driver but something in the MS update that took me from 400 MB download to 80 MB. Have put the MS Updates on pause but hoping this gets sorted out since they include security updates that will be needed. Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello ErikGerard,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you please provide the following report and information to continue with your support request.

-Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

•          Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information

•          By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

•          Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

•          To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).

- Is this issue happening at home, office environment or both?

- Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

- Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?

- Have you installed any recent software in your system besides the driver update?

- Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem?

- We understand that you tested several drivers; however, can you please let us know if all of these drivers came from Dell’s website especially the one you mentioned that was released in February 2021?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello ErikGerard,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
ErikGerard
Beginner

I wound up rolling back to an earlier Restore Point prior to the big Microsoft Update and it is now working well again. So not the driver but something in the MS update that took me from 400 MB download to 80 MB. Have put the MS Updates on pause but hoping this gets sorted out since they include security updates that will be needed. Thanks

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello ErikGerard,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are glad that you were able to find a workaround, we will proceed to close this thread; however, if you need any additional information; you are more than welcome to submit a new question just remember that this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
lhm4000
Novice

What was the ACTUAL solution to this problem?  I have the same thing -- I don't know if it happened from a Microsoft update or not.

But I have the same 8260 card and used to get very fast speeds but now my connections are much slower; from 6 to 10 times slower.

0 Kudos