Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 (Winyao PCE-8260AC) : Has encountered a conflict in resources and could not load.

idata
Employee

I have the same question, my desktop pc is using 8260AC adapter and when i'm trying to connect to my home wifi, it will send errors in Windwos Event Viewer, Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 : Has encountered a conflict in resources and could not load. And another strange thing i discovered is that this problem only happend when i trying to connect to my TP-Link routers, if i connect to my iphone personal hotspot, the wifi works very good, no lags and disconnects at all, it seems that the 8260AC is not capable with my TP-Link router? Now i have to use a network bridge to re-broadcast the TP-Link wifi, this solution is really stupid.

And i have another problem is that i discovered i can't use my wifi and my bluetooth at the same time 5G wifi is also disconnect, if i connect bluetooth and wifi at the same time, the wifi will be disconnected immediately, and can't be reconnect anymore, even can't search any hot points. Is there any solutions of this problem?

Adapter: Winyao PCE-8260AC

Wifi Driver: 19.60.0.7

bluetooth Driver: 19.50.1.1

Router: TP-LINK TR-WDR5600

Motherboard: MSI B250M PRO-VH

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Aura___,

Is your wireless adapter connected to your M.2 slot, or with a PCIe adapter? Currently our only wireless adapter for desktop systems is the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-7260-bluetooth-desktop.html Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for Desktop.

Please attach your http://https//downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility report when replying so that we may review your settings.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I connected to a PCIe adapter.

Here is my Intel® System Support Utility report.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Aura___,

Even though you were receiving similar error messages, at it's core your issue turns out to be very different than the one being experienced by user etalot. Therefore we've branched your question into it's own discussion.

Please bear in mind that the Winyao PCE-8260AC Dual Band Desktop PCI-E WiFi Card Adapter* is not an officially endorsed nor supported product. If our troubleshooting steps don't resolve your issue our final recommendation will be to engage your reseller or the adapter manufacturer (Winyao*) for assistance or warranty support.

Based on the description of your issue, it's very possible that you're dealing with a defective wireless adapter or loose antenna cable. Normally, you should be perfectly capable of connecting to a 5Ghz network and using Bluetooth*.

To troubleshoot this particular problem, you may want to make sure both wireless antennas are connected properly. We noticed your adapter comes with a cover hiding the actual wireless adapter, if you're able to remove the cover please do so and check the following:

Antenna 1 and 2 are used for wireless networking. Antenna 2 is shared between wireless and Bluetooth*. If antenna 1 is not properly connected, you may experience this type of issues.

Now, moving on to your problem connecting to your wireless router. This is also an unusual problem. For this, we can recommend the following:

1. Make sure your router is using the latest firmware (we were unable to find your router model in the TP Link* support site, you may need to contact http://www.tp-link.com/us/support their support team for this).

2. Update your BIOS to the latest available version: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B250M-PRO-VH.html# down-bios Support and downloads for MSI B250M PRO-VH*

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

Please let us know if this makes a difference.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Aura___,

We have not heard back from you in a while. Has your issue been resolved?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Updating BIOS works a little, wifi don't send errors to event viewers, but speed is still low, my iphone use the same wifi very well, but PC will disconnect sometimes, but updating BIOS makes my computer not recognise CPU core graphic, device manager only shows the AMD graphic card, any solution?

Bluetooth problem is still there, I can't force open the cover of the adapter because of the fraid of broken the adapter.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Aura___,

This is not a normal behavior for this adapter. To be frank, it sounds like you received a defective product. Our next best recommendation will be to contacting the hardware vendor (Winyao*), or the place of purchase for a warranty replacement.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos