Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Bluetooth failing (WIFI works)

JSomm1
Beginner

Hello,

This motherboard is an MSI H270I Gaming Pro AC, it has an OnBoard Intel Dual band Wireless-AC 8265 card (with bluetooth and WiFi). Starting a day or two ago, the bluetooth has been unresponsive. The WIFI still works perfectly. I've reinstalled the drivers (From MSI's links, and also referenced on the Intel Forums here) for both WIFI and the Intel Bluetooth Driver. I noticed there is also an Unknown USB Device that is failing to start with a Code 43 now (not sure if related, but possibly.)

I've tested using another external USB Bluetooth Adapter, and the external USB Bluetooth works perfectly fine. I've updated all Windows Updates, BIOS, and chipset drivers.

Any ideas on what to test with the OnBoard 8265?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello jacksomm,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities.

I would like to know, has there been any changes prior the issue? Was there any hardware or software change? Any update done?

To get more information and assist you in the best way, I will need to request an System Support Utility report, this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Make sure to attach the created report to this thread.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JSomm1
Beginner

I'm attaching the support utility logs here. There has probably been Windows Updates, but no hardware or software changes besides that. After the issue started I updated all drivers and utility software to latest versions though.

I have the log from the support utility as a text file, but I can't seem to figure out how to attach it here.

Thank you

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jacksomm,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, in order to attach the System Support Utility report you need to first select the option to "reply" to the message and then you can find the option located at the lower-right side of the reply box, for more information please refer to the screenshot.

In the meantime, something you can try to do is to do a BIOS recovery of the system, it is recommended for you to contact the manufacturer of the motherboard in order to get guidance for this process.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

jacksomm,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Amy C

0 Kudos