Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCrot1
Beginner

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 bluetooth doesn't work. Any ideas?

Hey guys, I have a Gigabyte wireless 802.11AC Intel Dual Band 8265 + Bluetooth and the wifi connection works great but for some reason I can't seem to get bluetooth to work. I've already downloaded all the drivers online but nothing shows up for bluetooth in my device manager. Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Is your system a laptop? What model and manufacturer?

Did you install the 8265 yourself?

Doc

JCrot1
Beginner

Hey Al, sorry I should have clarified. It's a desktop that I built with some friends. We did in fact install everything our self.

idata
Community Manager

Hello JCrotti,

We will be glad to help you. As we understand, you bought a new Gigabyte wireless adapter based on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 and the system is not recognizing the Bluetooth component. Please consider the following about this:

- If the adapter you bought is a PCIe add-in-card for Desktops, it is important to know that the PCIe slot is used for WiFi, and Bluetooth uses USB. If this is the case, Gigabyte probably included a USB cable that can connect your adapter to a USB header in the Desktop's motherboard.

- The Bluetooth component requires the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® driver, and WiFi needs the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers; make sure both are installed:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=8265

- The Bluetooth adapter is found in Device manager - Bluetooth, normally shows as Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R).

Please keep in mind that since this is a Gigabyte adapter, the main source for assistance should be Gigabyte Support.

Regards,

Jonathan B.