Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel Dual-band Wireless-AC 7260 not working...This device cannot start. (Code 10)

JLege2
Beginner

Hello,

I currently have a 3160 dual-band wireless card, but as it was getting spotty I figured it was time to get a new card and upgraded to the 7260.

Upon installation I am getting a code-10 error.

I run Windows 10 64 Bit on an MSI computer and have done the following

-Updated drivers with a clean install

-Updated my BIOS

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JLege2,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

Performing wireless integrations is subject to country-specific legal regulations. Before installing or changing the Intel® Wireless Adapter, you must contact the system manufacturer to obtain approval, step-by-step instructions, and support. It is important to note that the integration may or may not work due to the following reasons:

1. Hardware/software compatibility issues or dependencies.

2. Manufacturer limitations.

3. Driver limitations.

For more information, please refer to the Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade support article

To better assist you, we would like to gather more information about your system configuration:

Please generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report directly to this thread.

1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU takes you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on "Summary" to change to a "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JLege2,

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JLege2,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any further assistance, please start a new thread. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos