Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Network 7260.HMWG Laptop bluetooth error

JFons5
Beginner

I updated my Dell Studio XPS wireless card to the https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DMCVKMU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Intel Network 7260.HMWG WiFi Wireless-AC 7260 H/T Dual Band 2x2 AC+Bluetooth HMC, wifi works great but the bluetoohd device is not recognized.

My device manager (Win 8.1 PRO) shows the message "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)".

I tried to update the drivers througth the Intel(R) Driver Update Utility but the error still appears. Throght the installation the computer tried to recognize the device but after a restart the error appears again.

I found similar issues with the desktop version but more related to physical configuration that logical one.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello templarian,

Before we go any further, we would like to inform you that Intel does support integrations which is when you change the original adapter that came installed in your computer when you bought it for a different one. Please take a look at the information on this link for further further information on this matter: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-011644.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

On our best effort to help you with this issue, make sure all Bluetooth* files from the previous adapter has been clean uninstalled as it may be causing the conflict and consequently showing the error message. Do it from device manager to the point that Windows* will no longer show any file and then try to install the Bluetooth* drivers again. We also highly recommend that you contact your computer manufacturer and check with them whether they have any drivers for this adapter. It also my be that your system is not compatible with this adapter.

Some other users found a workaround that resolved their Bluetooth issue. Please take a look at this link:

*The answer found there is not official from Intel and may not work for you so please be cautious. Also important to understand that Intel is not responsible for any possible damage that such workaround may cause to the adapter.

0 Kudos