Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Intel Network 7260.HMWG WiFi Wireless-AC 7260 H/T Dual Band 2x2 AC+Bluetooth HMC antenna termination...

CWagn2
Beginner

I have installed this NIC in an intel NUC and have attached connectors for external antennas. On this NIC, will damage occur if it is operated without antennas connected? If antennas must be connected, can I use terminators and if so, will 50 ohm terminators work? If not, and termination is needed, can you please make a recommendation?

Thanks!

Chris

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi chrisw214,

Please note that for NUCs it should be necessary to have the supported network adapter. Here you have an example of how to connect the Wireless antennas. Please Check post 3:

/thread/53992 https://communities.intel.com/thread/53992

Kevin M

0 Kudos
CWagn2
Beginner

I do have a supported adapter. My question is: If I am not using the wireless adapter that I have installed, do the antenna connections need terminators? Clarification: the wireless adapter is installed, but I am using the ethernet WIRED connection instead.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

If you are not using the wireless adapter on your system it is not necessary to have antenna terminators. It is not going to cause any issue.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
CWagn2
Beginner

I just want to confirm, that if I disconnect the antennas is is not going to damage the transmitters on the wireless NIC; is this correct? Is this still true if the NIC is left enabled in the system?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos