Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel PROSet/Wireless Network cause sound drop-outs in Windows 10.

A-_-
Beginner

I detected it using DPC Latency Checker and turning off WiFi driver.

I tried versions for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista. All drivers behave bad.

What shoud i do to remove this problem?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello zZandreyZz,

We understand your system is having sound drops when you use Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software. We would like to mention that the wireless drivers should not affect standard sound functionality, so, this may be caused by other components of the system. Here are some items for your consideration, based on your initial description of the issue:

- Contact the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support and confirm that your PC is using current/recommended motherboard BIOS.

- Make sure you are using the latest OEM's wireless drivers.

- Update the sound drivers.

- Confirm your system has any applicable Windows* updates.

- If this happens when you use a specific software, or when running a specific function (ie: sound or video streaming/broadcasting), make sure that the software you are using is the latest version and that your system meets all its requirements (CPU, memory, network bandwitdh, OS version, etc.).

For additional assistance, please let us know the following:

- Does the problem happen when playing any sound? or only under specific tasks/programs?

- Was the wireless adapter built from factory with your PC?

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool, and use it to create a report with all sections, once the report is created, click on the "Next" button. In the following screen, save the report to a file. Then use the Advanced editor options to add the resulting XML file to your post as an attachment.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello zZandreyZz,

Please let us know if you were able to apply our recommendations, or in case you require further assistance.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos