Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

Intel Proset Wireless Tools Windows 10

jhutt3
Novice

Hi,

We have been using the Intel Proset wireless tools for a number of years because the View Statistics part of the tools provides us with information we use to install wireless APs with clients. One of them being AP name which we can not find in any other tool available ( except for the high priced survey tools ).

Since upgrading to windows 10 and driver version 18 there is no longer a statistics part of the tool or any of the diagnostics there were previously available.

Is this coming in the future for Windows 10 and/or is there another utility to provide this information now? We are using Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and version 18.20 of the drivers

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

I think if intel provided this, people who know, rather than suspect, that their AC7265 product is garbage.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Meecrob247,

Currently on Windows*10 this software can be installed, the only thing not installed will be the Connection Utility as the Internet connection will be handled by Windows.

jhutt3
Novice

Aleki,

Thanks for the reply. I understand that the software can be installed, and I have. But it is missing the statistics section which is my question of how to get this/will it come out/is there another way to get this info.

jhutt3
Novice

I guess the answer from Intel is no to my question. If anyone else in the community has an alternate solution please share. Thanks

0 Kudos