Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6250 AGN ISSUE

idata
Employee

Well,last week, i was able to connect to a wifi network with fine speed, and that night i decided to update some intel driver, then i use the auto detect&and update utility, then i updated the wireless section, which is

/message/126683# 126683 Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6250 AGN

then after i updated the wireless section, i can no longer connect to the network, every time i try, it's always identifying..... and has limited connectivity, i hve the correct password, and max bars of signal, they work fine before i update the driver. the computer im using is:

manufactuere: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

model: ASUS notebook K52F/K62F Series

Processor: Intel Core(TM) I3 CPU M370 2.40 GHz

RAM: 4 GB

System type: 64 bit operating system, window 7 home premiun.

i have tried system restore, and checked everything, nothing worked. so yeah...im kinda frustrated...

Please help if you can, Thank You!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

You can try to roll back the driver from the Device Manager, or download a (usually older) driver from ASUS website. However, "limited connectivity" usually means that the wireless connection has been established, but the IP address settings can't be received from DHCP. You can try to configure the IP address, default gateway and DNS manually.

idata
Employee

I have the same issue with a netgear wndr3700 BUT here is the funny thing....

The router has a 2.4ghz band and a 5.0ghz band...everything works find on 5ghz but not the 2.4.....

0 Kudos
ETorr8
Beginner

Estava com um problema parecido usando o sistema operacional Windows 8 Pro.

Realizei diversos posibilidades com drives da Intel até encontrar o driver da placa Intel centrino Advanced N 6230 que funcionou perfeitamente.

0 Kudos