Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

Intel(R)Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 update

Sllac
Beginner

I have a Lenovo G40 laptop.

The network adapter is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160. I googled it hoping that there is an upgrade of it and I found this Intel(R) PROSet/WIreless Software. Actually I used the Intel Driver Update Utility. I installed the ProSet/Wireless software but there was no changes in my network adapter.

What does this Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software supposed to do?

I want to update it because aircrack-ng does not support the wireless-ac 3160 and the proset does. Anyone? Help please

Message was edited by: Shey llacer

2 Replies
idata
Employee

kiddo,

We will be more than glad to help, in order to do so, here is what is recommended to do:
  • If the wireless adapter is installed by factory, it is highly recommended that all driver be updated from the computer manufacturer support page as their drivers are right for your adapter as it was designed to meet all the requirements requested by the type of system you have. The drivers found in our support page are generic and will not contain the customization, new possible features added by the OEM (Orignal Equipement Manufacturer).
  • Another important point is to consider the OS version installed. If you have Windows®10 for example, the Intel® PROSet Software interface will not be present. Curently, the latest package version released in our download center is the 18.40.0 but the driver version may be different. In the case of the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160, the driver version may be the 18.33.x as you can confirm here: Intel® https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=3160 Driver & Software once you click in one onf the links to the drivers according to your OS, you will see the Detailed Description.
Please, let us know if this helped you clarifying your doubts.

idata
Employee

kiddo,

We haven't heard from you for a while. We would like to know if you still need our assistance.
0 Kudos