Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 : Has encountered a conflict in resources and could not load.

IFili
Beginner

Hi. My Lenovo has been experiencing wifi connectivity issues for two years already. It is just keeps dropping from wifi. Jesus, this issue has been reported million of times, but Intel cannot fix it? Is it a hardware failure - in other words, did Intel released faulty hardware and that's why you cannot fix it? I don't use 5Ghz (802.11/ac). I'm using 802.11g (this is maximum what my home router can).

It happens randomly, a few times a day (up to 7 times a day):

This are the errors in the Even viewer:

Netwtw04 Error 5000: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 : Has encountered a conflict in resources and could not load.

Error 5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)

5035 - Driver OSC Pending OID watchdog

8000 - Miniport Halt flow (driver disable)

Here is my plea to Intel, please don't copy/paste your standard templates here (such as, you need to update you drivers and etc). Give me an instant solution, please.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello IgorF,

We understand you're having constant disconnection issues and errors when connecting through your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165.

Please bear in mind that the AC3165 is a 1x1 adapter, meaning it uses one antenna supporting one data stream. And 802.11g is a very old standard that came out back in 2002, it has many issues and offers a very limited throughput.

When connecting to legacy standards using 1x1 adapters, issues such as the ones described are very much expected. 802.11g is very susceptible to interference, which will result in your transmit speed to drop sporadically, your operating system may interpret this as an a disconnect and will try to fix it by reseting your driver.

In this case we can recommend two things:

1. Change your adapter settings to limit your system to 802.11g, this will help increase compatibility and may reduce your disconnects to an extend.

1. Device Manager > Network Adapters > Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 > Right click, Properties > Advanced tab

2. HT Mode > Disabled (HT=802.11n, VHT=802.11ac).

3. Wireless Mode > 6. 802.11a/b/g (if that doesn't work well, try 3. 802.11g).

2. The main fix we can recommend will be to upgrade your router to one that is at least 802.11n (2007 legacy) capable, although your adapter was designed for 802.11ac (wave 1).

If this doesn't help. Please share a full report created (while connected to your WiFi) using the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293 Intel® System Support Utility.

Note: To enable attachments make sure to use the advanced editor while replying.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
IFili
Beginner

Thank you Carlos. I have made the proposed changes (1,2). Will see how this works. Also, I'm aware about the legacy of the 802.11g. Probably need to acquire an new access point. Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

IgorF,

We're here to help. Let us know if that makes a difference.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
IFili
Beginner

Hi Carlos! This didn't help, but i found something different. I got to know that my router actually supports 802.11n. But why my adapter doesn't? Please check this image:

0 Kudos
IFili
Beginner

Ahh, just ignore the last message. I have activated 802.11n and will monitor the performance.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello IgorF,

This is good news, 802.11n should improve your connection quality and hopefully reduce (or stop) your disconnections.

The maximum connection rate for 802.11g is 54 Mbps, regardless of number of antennas. With 802.11n for 1x1 adapters using the 2.4 GHz band, this number goes up to 72 Mbps. Or 150 Mbps if you can use the 5GHz band and your router supports using 40 MHz channels.

Upgrading to 802.11ac will allow your adapter to get a connection rate of up to 433 Mbps.

You can check to see if you're connected to 802.11n by running the following NETSH command:

1. Open Command Prompt (administrator privileges are not required).

2. Type: netsh wlan show interface

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello IgorF,

We haven't heard back from you in a while. Did 802.11n help reduce your connectivity problems?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
IFili
Beginner

Hi. I have reinstalled Windows 10. I didn't update WiFi drivers from Intel Website, but after Windows updates the version for Intel driver was 19.50.1.6. I haven't had any problems after the re-installation. Sp it was completely software related problem (Or Windows internal settings)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello IgorF,

We're glad to hear that you're no longer experiencing this issue.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos