I am new on this forum, sorry if it was already answered on some previous topic, I didnt found anything like this.
I would like to ask you how can I enable my AC 7265 to use both bands (2 and 5 GHz) at same time?
Also, I cant see any option related to the wireless mode = "C" technology, please see the attached file.
I am using the driver 126.96.36.199 (05/01/2016) on Windows 10.
As an additional comment, here are more details:
- Router TP Link Archer C8 (dual band) using the latest firmware from manufacturer
- No other access point at the location
- I am using channel 13 for 2.4 GHz and 149 for 5GHz
Windows (under device settings):
- 802.11n Channel Width for 2.4 = Auto
- 802.11n Channel Width for 5.2 = Auto
- Ad Hoc Channel 802.11b/g = 1
- Ad Hoc QoS Mode = WMM Disabled
- ARP offload for WoWLAN = Enabled
- Bluetooth(R) AMP = Disabled
- Fat Channel Tolerant = Disabled
- GTK rekeying for WoWLAN = Enabled
- HT mode = VHT Mode
- Mixed Mode protection = RTC/CTS Enabled
- NS offload for WoWLAN = Enabled
- Packet Coalescing = Enabled
- Preferred Band = No preference
- Roaming Aggressiveness = 1. Lowest
- Sleep on WoWLAN Disconnect = Disabled
- Thoughput Booster = Disabled
- Transmit Power = 5. Highest
- U-APSD support = Disabled
- Wireless mode = 6. 802.11a/b/g =====>>>> That's my question, it should not shows also the "c" technology?
By default, this adapter comes with 2.4GHz and 5GHz enabled. However, if you want to use AC capabilities you need to change the HT Mode to VHT Mode and set the Preferred Band to Auto so the adapter can connect to either band at a time depending on the network.
Let us know if this helped you.
It has been a while since we replied back to you and so far there is no registration of any interaction from you. We would like to know if you still have any doubts regarding your inquiry. Please let us know as soon as you can.