Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 disappears frequently

rohithkaza
Beginner

My Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 doesn't work properly at all. I am thankful, for at least it allows me to contact you. My network connection goes off at a sudden while I work. I can't even see Wifi, Bluetooth icons. When this problem occurs, I check my Network Adapters in Device Manager, I can't see "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265" in that list. All of a sudden, it appears again, and then I will get connected to my network for a short period of time. And again I will lose my connection. For sometimes, I can see "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265" in Device Manager but it doesn't display any available networks at all.

I tried the following methods to solve:

• Scanning for hardware changes
  • Updating driver( It shows that it is the latest driver)
  • Uninstalling and restarting my PC( This works for many times)
  • Network reset
  • Installing other drivers( it just says I have the latest driver installed)

My problem still persists.

My laptop details are as follows:

• Acer Swift SF314-52
  • SNID: 82701325772
  • BIOS version: V1.08
  • Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit (version: 1803)
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz
  • Network device: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
  • Memory: 8GB

Help me out from this problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello rohithkaza,

Thank you for your response.

OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. Meaning that this is the company who manufacturer your computer.

As previously stated, the laptop manufacturer may customize the Intel generic drivers to meet the needs of their specific system design. 

My recommendations would be to contact your laptop manufacturer in order to download and install their drivers.

If the issue persists after that, checking for a possible hardware failure would be the best thing to do.

Please check the following website where you can find Computer Manufacturer Support Website.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello rohithkaza,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I understand that you are experiencing connectivity issues with your Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265. To better assist you please provide the following information:

• Is this a new computer? When did the behavior start?
  • Were any changes made prior to this behavior?
  • Do you see any error message under “Network adapters” in the device manager?
  • Where did you get the wireless driver for your computer?
  • Please run the following tool and attach the reports generated.  

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) download link  

1. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. 
  2. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Esteban D. 

0 Kudos
rohithkaza
Beginner

Thank you for your instant reply.

• It has been less than 2 years since I purchased the laptop.
  • Actually the behaviour started around 7 months ago. But at that time, this problem is not severe (when I restart my PC, everything is fine). Frequency of the problem increased from the last one month.
  • No, I didn't make any changes.
  • No, there is no error message under driver in device manager. But the driver actually disappears.
  • Wireless driver for my computer is pre-built. I didn't install any wireless driver.

I attached the reports generated

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello rohithkaza,

After checking the report we can see that you are working with driver version: 19.51.29.1 which is the Intel latest generic driver.

As your computer is a laptop, it’s worth mentioning that the load of a customized driver may be causing this behavior.

This is because system manufacturers regularly customize Intel generic drivers to meet the needs of their specific system design. 

My recommendation would be to try downloading the OEM driver and test results. You can find the drivers/software for your computer in the following link.

If the issue persists, I would recommend also checking with the laptop manufacturer to discard any possible hardware failure.

Please let me know how it goes.

Esteban D. 

0 Kudos
rohithkaza
Beginner

Sir/Mam, 

Can you please tell me what is OEM driver and how to install it. Help me.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello rohithkaza,

OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. Meaning that this is the company who manufacturer your computer.

As previously stated, the laptop manufacturer may customize the Intel generic drivers to meet the needs of their specific system design. 

My recommendations would be to contact your laptop manufacturer in order to download and install their drivers.

If the issue persists after that, checking for a possible hardware failure would be the best thing to do.

Please check the following website where you can find Computer Manufacturer Support Website.

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

We have not heard back from you. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos