Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 disconnects from internet

MRide1
Beginner

At irregular intervals, usually when computer has been idle for a few hours, I find that I've lost my internet connection. I'm using Windows 7 Pro, in a HP EliteDesk mini. I have to through the Control Panel Network Center to find my network and re-connect, since my network is usually not shown in the "available networks" list. I am almost always able to reconnect this way, but it is a bit of a pain, and I'd rather not have to do it other than the initial connection. The troubleshooter always says that the solution was to "reset the wireless adapter or gateway." Everything else through our ATT Uverse gateway is fine. What's the solution to make my little issue go away?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello mridey,

We understand your computer is not connecting to wireless network after resuming from sleep. Please try the following actions as they may help in this situation:

- Contact the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support and make sure you are using their recommended driver for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260, you may also check if they have any BIOS updates for your system.

- When you connect to the network, make sure to "tick" the box "Connect Automatically".

- In the Windows* Network and Sharing Center, Manage Wireless Networks, then make sure your preferred network is Up to the top of the list.

If the issue persists, please provide the following information:

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool with the connection work fine, and use it to create a report with all sections, once the report is created, click on the "Next" button. In the following screen, save the report to a file. Then use the Advanced editor options to add the resulting file to your post as an attachment.

- Was this working fine before?

- Is this the adapter that came built from factory with your PC?

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mridey,

Please let us know if there has been any change in the behavior, or in case you require further assistance.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos